Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

clavin123

Old August 21st, 2011, 08:03 AM
I've created the Prestige Paladin class from UA and everything is working just fine, except that I can't figure out how to add all of the Paladin class spells to the list of spells available to the existing divine caster class' spell list.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jonathan
clavin123 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old August 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM
If I recall you need to create duplicates of the spells, use a unique name and assign them to your new class!

I think this is the only way to add all the spells to the class lists!
bodrin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
clavin123

Old September 5th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Bodrin... thanks for the reply. Lost track of this inquiry.

The problem I see with your suggestion is that the Prestige Paladin does not, on its own, cast spells. It adds the standard Paladin spells to the spell list of the existing divine spellcaster class.

If I understand you correctly, this means that I would have to create an "Cleric with Prestige Paladin" version of the Cleric class and duplicate every cleric spell, plus every paladin spell into that new class' spell list?

Am I understand you correctly?

(And, if so, let me simply say "Ouch".)

If that is the case, any thoughts about how I might request, for a future release, an addition to the "spellcasting details" section of the "Class Variant" tool of the "Uses Which Spells" drop down on the Class set-up?

(This would allow one to create a class variant of Cleric that "appended" the Paladin spells to the class. It would also allow arcane caster variants that include a domain list, thus implementing the Arcane Disciple feat, for example.)
clavin123 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 5th, 2011, 09:19 AM
If you get the sClass.Paladin tag onto the other class, that class will have Paladin spells.

Timing: before Post-Levels/10000
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
clavin123

Old September 6th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If you get the sClass.Paladin tag onto the other class, that class will have Paladin spells.

And now I reveal my inexperience. Could someone give me a simple way to add the sClass.Paladin tag to a class? My instinct would be to do a simple Variant Class that does nothing but add this class tag, but I don't really know how to do that.

A Class Special seems a good vehicle, but I don't know how to add a tag via a Class Special.

(Either the code or simply a reference to an example for doing something like this is all I need.)

Many thanks.

Jonathan
clavin123 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 6th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clavin123 View Post
Could someone give me a simple way to add the sClass.Paladin tag to a class? My instinct would be to do a simple Variant Class that does nothing but add this class tag, but I don't really know how to do that.
Forgive if my answer is not exactly right as I am much better with Pathfinder than d20. On your new Variant Class in the top Right Corner should be a set of buttons one marked "Tags". Press it and click the "add new tag" section.

The window should now have two text boxes where you can enter stuff. The first one gets "sClass" and the 2nd box gets "Paladin". Press OK and save and "Test Now!" your changes. When you add the Variant Class that tag will get applied.

Or at least I am 90% sure that will work.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
clavin123

Old September 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Tried Shadow's suggestion and clearly my use of a Class Variant is not the right vehicle as it did not seem to work. At the very least, while I could add the Tag, I could not set the phase.

I'm now realizing that I can just do this as an adjustment. However, I still don't understand how to write the scripting to add the sClass.Paladin tag to the Cleric class.

Sorry for being out of my depth and thanks for the help.

Jonathan
clavin123 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
clavin123

Old September 6th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post

Thanks to everyone for their help.

I finally has an inspiration and looked at the help section on how to make something a class skill... adapted it and created the following "adjustment" (which I might convert to a variant class, but likely won't bother):

~ If we're not enabled, get out now
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

var result as number

result = hero.child[cHelpClr].assign[sClass.Paladin]

And it worked like a charm.

Again, thanks all for the assistance!

Jonathan
clavin123 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote