Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2010, 04:48 AM
We released the new V3.6 update a few hours ago. A proper release announcement will be posted tomorrow after we get a good night's sleep.

In the meantime, though, please note that we still had a couple things left that we wanted to add to a few of the game systems. Since V3.6 had already been seriously delayed, we wanted to avoid any further delays and get it out as soon as it was ready. So there should be updates to a few game systems over the next few days beyond what's included in V3.6.
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old March 16th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Yay i can finnaly load it on my netbook
flamepulse is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kiros

Old March 16th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Excellent, I'm looking forward to checking it out. Is there a changelist somewhere?

Kiros
Kiros is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2010, 11:57 AM
There are release notes included with the installation, and each game system has its own Faq, where that system's changelist is maintained.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
bocephus

Old March 16th, 2010, 12:55 PM
If anybody else here on Windows 7 x64 has had a problem with Hero Lab crashing after downloading the 3.6, I was able to get it to work without a problem by setting the program to run in XP compatibility mode.
bocephus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old March 16th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
If anybody else here on Windows 7 x64 has had a problem with Hero Lab crashing after downloading the 3.6, I was able to get it to work without a problem by setting the program to run in XP compatibility mode.
Did you try running it as an administrator?
Mindcloud is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2010, 01:23 PM
It crashed? Yikes! It's been rock solid for us here in the office, and both Colen and I are running Windows 7 x64.

When does it crash? Where do you get during use before it crashes?
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
bocephus

Old March 16th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcloud View Post
Did you try running it as an administrator?
Yep, I tried that first. I didn't record the exact error I got unfortunately. It is working fine now without any compatibility settings though.
bocephus is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 16th, 2010, 01:33 PM
The following is a summary of the most important highlights of the new V3.6 release. The complete release notes (with almost a hundred changes) can be found in the "readme.txt" file installed with the product.

V3.6 Highlights
  • Call of Cthulhu data files are now available!
  • The Pathfinder data package now supports 5 of the 6 Advanced Player's Guide playtest classes - the Alchemist, Cavalier, Inquisitor, Oracle and Witch (the Summoner will be added later this week).
  • Hero Settings can now be edited directly on the Configure Hero form, making it easier to select supplements and optional rules for your character.
  • Choose Form improvements - the choose form now loads faster, shows more items on larger screens, and can hide options the hero does not qualify for.
  • The integrated Editor now allows easier editing of complex records, such as Classes in Pathfinder. You can also now edit "hidden" and "preclude" elements directly.
  • Text output now supports "wikitext" hero output, allowing you to keep an updated record of your hero on a campaign wiki.
  • Performance improvements - the Pathfinder game system now evaluates changes ~60% faster, Hero Lab creates up to 40% fewer controls when loading a game, saved files / stock portfolios are now up to 40% smaller (for faster load times), and the tactical console now updates faster.
  • A standard NPC tab is now available for NPCs in all game systems, allowing various game notes about the NPC to be recorded, such as motivations, tactics, etc.
  • The Editor now allows the definition of "hidden" and "precludes" elements, which can be important when highly customizing a game system for house rules.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
bocephus

Old March 16th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
It crashed? Yikes! It's been rock solid for us here in the office, and both Colen and I are running Windows 7 x64.

When does it crash? Where do you get during use before it crashes?
Right after it downloaded the 3.6 update, and asked if I wanted to exit Hero Lab and install it. I clicked on yes and it would give a crash report after that. Tried running in admin mode first and same thing. Ran in XP Compatibility mode and it worked fine. Since then I turned all that off and its running fine.
bocephus is offline   #10 Reply With Quote