Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Quintain

Old February 19th, 2019, 02:44 PM
LW: The packages are purchasable in your store for the Midgard Setting as well as the Hero's Handbook and the southern one as well.

However, the deities of midgard are missing as well as the domains -- any idea when they will be completed?

(I asked KP and they said that Lone Wolf is the developer for these packages).

Thanks.
Quintain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old February 20th, 2019, 01:11 PM
The next KP book we're releasing for 5e in Hero Lab is the Midgard Heroes Handbook, which includes deities and domains. While we don't yet have a timeline for it yet, those deities are on their wayities.

We currently publish Midgard Heroes (similar name, different product):
https://koboldpress.com/kpstore/prod...r-5th-edition/

But the book I think you're talking about is the Midgard Heroes Handbook: https://koboldpress.com/kpstore/prod...dition-dnd-5e/

I hope that helps!
Rone is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old February 20th, 2019, 05:15 PM
Ah, you are absolutely correct. Got the products mixed up.

Thanks.
Quintain is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old May 23rd, 2019, 11:05 AM
Wait, what? Midgard Heroes is NOT the Midgard Heroes Handbook??

DM, exRealmWorker, Character Sheet Hacker, Gamer
Ambush is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old May 24th, 2019, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
Wait, what? Midgard Heroes is NOT the Midgard Heroes Handbook??
Well, no but somewhat yes?

KP was releasing the Midgard setting piecemeal for a while, so you could purchase Midgard Heroes, Southland Heroes and Unlikely Heroes, AS WELL as the Deep Magic 1 - 18 and a couple of other small PDFs for $3 to $5 each.

Midgard Heroes Handbook puts *most* of that material together in one big PDF, and adds the *Midgard* gods into the cleric section along with some other pieces from their combat options PDF (the expanded weapon options).

The big MHH doesn't have some of the races from Southland and Unlikely Heroes and is missing some of the Deep Magic spells and options. I'll also assume it's missing several of the Southland deities.

TBH, it soured me on KP a bit since MHH is almost a reprint of existing materials but they chose to drop out some cool bits in order to drive sales to their smaller PDFs
dungeonguru is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old May 29th, 2019, 07:56 AM
Since I figured this out, I got a refund from LW and rolled my own Bearfolk for the time being. VERY disappointed in how unclear what is included is.

DM, exRealmWorker, Character Sheet Hacker, Gamer
Ambush is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 29th, 2019, 01:27 PM
Midgard Heroes has been available for years. There's probably dozens of websites that have the index available if you need to see what's included.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old May 29th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Midgard Heroes has been available for years. There's probably dozens of websites that have the index available if you need to see what's included.
Midgard Heroes (for 5e) was available in early 2017, it only has 11 races and 7 backgrounds.

Midgard Heroes Handbook (for 5e) came out a year later and added a bunch of subclasses, equipment and spells.

LW is currently only offering the first book (only backgrounds and races) for HLC, but it can confuse you as to what you're getting since the names are so similar - also the price is probably a giveaway since the HLC content is nearly the same price as the PDF, the smaller MH was about $5, the bigger MHH should be about $20 - $30. I seem to have read somewhere that they intend to get the second, more robust, book into HLC sometime in the future. I know that it is currently available for Realm Works in the content market, so there is hope it won't be much longer.
dungeonguru is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
cybersavant

Old January 1st, 2020, 11:16 PM
In the Pathfinder - Midgard package, the Bearfolk race is missing. All the rest seem to be there.

I tried t use the Race Builder to add it, but there are some abilities, like the extra carrying capacity that are listed in there.

thanks
cybersavant is offline   #9 Reply With Quote