Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jasper

Old July 19th, 2015, 01:33 AM
How would I add a new mount to Pathfinder? One that would be available through the "Add mounts or hirelings" option on the "Other" tab. The mounts themselves shouldn't be too difficult - just combat trained horses with additional HDs and Light Armor Proficiency (for Chain shirt barding). The cost would be increased as well.
It's fairly easy to adjust the horse after you buy it but I had an idea (after reading an old magazine article) of having a bunch of various mounts available for purchase.
Another question is if this was all added would it be overwritten every time Pathfinder or HeroLab updates? If so where would you save it?
I obviously haven't done any scripting though I've looked at it before. I did add a horse (by duplicating the existing one) and changed the price but couldn't figure out how to add HD.
Jasper is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old July 19th, 2015, 02:34 AM
sorry, can't answer all your questions, but can address the update part. when you use the editor you will create a user file. the user file does not get overwritten so when you update herolab/pathfinder the user file isn't touched and is still available to you. you would save the file in your data folder, i believe the default folder is:
C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder
psych777 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 19th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Sounds like you're most of the way there, since you have already copied the horse. Select your copied minion thing, then click the blue Minion button to the right, and then click the "Bootstraps" button in the form which pops up. You can add automatic bootstraps there, including light armor proficiency (fArmLight) and one or more of the extra HD picks (cBonusHD)
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Jasper

Old July 19th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Hm, so I did that but I have more questions. If you can't answer, no problem, it's not your job to teach me simple coding. Anyway, I added the extra HD but how do I add the Hit points? Also I need to spend the additional skill point and the Light Armor feat is added but the horse appears with an extra unspent feat (from adding the extra hit die). I would like to remove this extra feat as it's effectively spent on the Light Armor feat.

Last edited by Jasper; July 19th, 2015 at 04:21 PM.
Jasper is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 19th, 2015, 04:39 PM
When you bootstrap something, you can set the field values of it. Create a character and add some additional HD. In the Develop Menu turn on "Enable Data File Debugging", and right click on the additional HD added to the classes tab and Show Pick fields. Enter in some value for the number of hit points rolled, and see which field it is recorded in.

Now go back to your minion and the bootstraps within it. Click on the fields button to the right of the Extra HD you bootstrap, fill in the field name and the value.

For subtracting the feat slot, you'll need to use an eval script from your hireling/mount pick. You'll minion transition to the horse, then either add to a field on the race (which stores the number of feats the race has spent) or directly to the resource which records how many feats have been spent.

Here is an example of a transition to a minion, you'll need to alter it to point at what you want.

Code:
      minion.child[aINT].field[aNormMin].value += 2
I recommend looking at the adjustment for adding extra feats and basing your eval script on that + what I posted above.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jasper

Old July 19th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Been trying to set the hit points to "5". I enter into the bootstrap and then the field for "cBonusHD". I assign a value of "5" to "cHP" but when I add the horse the hit point field for the extra HD is still blank. I even save everything and close then re-open HeroLab.

As for the feat you've completely lost me talking about "Eval scripts" and transitioning to them. I see where I can click on it but I don't understand the coding.

I'll just do things the old fashioned way I guess. Thanks for the help though.
Jasper is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 19th, 2015, 08:45 PM
As you wish. If you ever do come back to it, I'd recommend you check out the intro to the editor video on our youtube channel to learn basics like what an eval script is.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote