Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sevisin

Old December 9th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Hello,

Due to an unserpassable amount of boredom, I decided to make custom classes with options that would change the base attack and saving throw arrays. Yeah, I can make different classes for each option, but that makes things too easy. Is there any way to change the array(s) via expression? Example, changing the Attack Bonus from "poor" to "good."

Thanks in advance,

-S
Sevisin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 10th, 2015, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevisin View Post
Hello,

Due to an unserpassable amount of boredom, I decided to make custom classes with options that would change the base attack and saving throw arrays. Yeah, I can make different classes for each option, but that makes things too easy. Is there any way to change the array(s) via expression? Example, changing the Attack Bonus from "poor" to "good."

Thanks in advance,

-S
In theory, yes. Attack bonus and saving throw progressions are controlled by a tag (cAttack.Good, cFort.Poor, etc). I've never played around with these, so you will probably need to experiment with the timing to see if you can get it to work.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sevisin

Old December 10th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Since there is no real API available to me (as far as I know), I don't know what code to use to replace the attack.

hero.cAttack = hero.cAttack.good? No, that didn't work.

-S
Sevisin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 11th, 2015, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevisin View Post
Since there is no real API available to me (as far as I know), I don't know what code to use to replace the attack.

hero.cAttack = hero.cAttack.good? No, that didn't work.

-S
These tags aren't on the hero, they are on the class. Look at the tags on the class. To look at tags (and fields) for various things, look for "Floating Info Windows" in the Develop menu of the portfolio.

The code to replace a tag is actually quite commonly used throughout the community set. Here is an example, but please understand this example assumes you are running the script on the class itself:

Code:
perform delete[cAttack.Good]
perform assign[cAttack.Poor]
This removes the "Good" progression and assigns the "Poor" progression to the class.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sevisin

Old December 11th, 2015, 06:40 PM
@Sendric
Thanks for the help. I'm sorry for the elementary question(s). I don't know this code very well

-S
Sevisin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote