Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Provos

Old October 11th, 2020, 08:01 AM
Hey, I am trying to make a new material for weapons. I thought I had it figured out but now I am getting an error. The material adds +1 to hit and damage but that isn't a magical property or enhancement bonus. It should stack with everything. I took the code from another ablity and copied the phase and priority

Code:
 Phase Post-level (users) Priority 1100
container.parent.field[wDamBonus].value += 1
  container.parent.field[wAttBonus].value += 1
I got a bow of elvenkind that was custom made for my diety. I removed the eval script to only work for elves. I got that to work fine and the script for variable strength bonus works perfectly. Well the dm decided to add that new material to my bow and I keep getting an error when trying to combine them. Also after I do the material change for the bow the original material change seems to also get the same error now.

Code:
Phase Post-Attributes (Users) Priority 5000 Index 1
field[wMaxStr].value = hero.child[aSTR].field[aModBonus].value

Phase Post-level (users) Priority 1100 Index 2
container.parent.field[wDamBonus].value += 1
  container.parent.field[wAttBonus].value += 1
Attached Images
File Type: png error 2020-10-11 114608.png (147.8 KB, 3 views)
Provos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old October 11th, 2020, 08:41 AM
Maybe avoid the different (users) phases. LWD has advised against using them at this point, and indeed I have run into strange problems in the past because of them
Lord Magus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old October 11th, 2020, 09:39 AM
I copied the phases from the code I duplicated. I got my red steel script from Gehennan Morghuth-Iron. I used the same phases and timing. My bow I modified is a duplicate of the elven bow same phases for the script. I only mentioned the phases to help with error checking.
Provos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 12th, 2020, 06:01 AM
Alchemical Silver uses the phase First/20000. I would try that and see if that changes anything.

If that doesn't work, we'll need to look at how you are creating the bow and applying the material.

Alternatively, you can also just use adjustments to apply the bonuses.

Last edited by Sendric; October 12th, 2020 at 06:04 AM.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old October 12th, 2020, 04:01 PM
It doesn't work as I get the same error. The bow is a duplicate of the Bow of Elvenkind with the this bit taken out. Everything else is the same except the description text.
Code:
~ If we're not a elf, get out now
      if (hero.tagis[Race.Elf] = 0) then
        done
        endif
Yeah I know I can just use adjustment to modify the bow. I made the material for Hero Lab for the rest of the group but I couldn't get my bow to work as it is a named item so you can't just change the material.
Provos is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 12th, 2020, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
It doesn't work as I get the same error. The bow is a duplicate of the Bow of Elvenkind with the this bit taken out. Everything else is the same except the description text.
Code:
~ If we're not a elf, get out now
      if (hero.tagis[Race.Elf] = 0) then
        done
        endif
Yeah I know I can just use adjustment to modify the bow. I made the material for Hero Lab for the rest of the group but I couldn't get my bow to work as it is a named item so you can't just change the material.
So how are you applying the material? Or are you just putting the script directly onto the item? If so, that would be the problem. You'll need to remove references to container and parent.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old October 12th, 2020, 04:55 PM
Yeah I was putting it directly into the item. That was the question I am asking is how to add it directly. I couldn't find an example to copy from.

Sigh, after looking closely at magical weapon it seems I can add a bonus to hit and to damage in the fields. I can modify my item that way.

Last edited by Provos; October 12th, 2020 at 08:29 PM.
Provos is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 13th, 2020, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Yeah I was putting it directly into the item. That was the question I am asking is how to add it directly. I couldn't find an example to copy from.

Sigh, after looking closely at magical weapon it seems I can add a bonus to hit and to damage in the fields. I can modify my item that way.
Sorry. I didn't understand the original question. You should be able to just remove "container.parent." from your script:

Code:
field[wDamBonus].value += 1
field[wAttBonus].value += 1
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old October 23rd, 2020, 08:10 PM
I couldn't get the script to work but on magic weapons you can add bonuses with a field.
Code:
The other thing I am trying to do now is the material changes the critical threat range by 1. I am having issue finding an good example on how to increase the threat range of a material. I have looked at the keen item attribute but it doesn't help much. I also looked at the improved crit feat and still no idea how to do this.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Provos is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 25th, 2020, 06:23 AM
Quote:
I couldn't get the script to work but on magic weapons you can add bonuses with a field.
Code:
The other thing I am trying to do now is the material changes the critical threat range by 1. I am having issue finding an good example on how to increase the threat range of a material. I have looked at the keen item attribute but it doesn't help much. I also looked at the improved crit feat and still no idea how to do this.

Thanks for any suggestions.
You can control the weapon's critical range with the CritMin tag. (CritMin.20, CritMin.19, etc).
Sendric is offline   #10 Reply With Quote