Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Ninefingers

Old February 2nd, 2016, 09:41 AM
WHen in player view of the world atlas I can select either monitor to display the player view in, however it never changes to the other monitor, and i for some reason cannot drag it over either.

Any thoughts or suggestions. First time user.
Many Thanks,
Nine
Ninefingers is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old February 3rd, 2016, 07:46 PM
Could it be that the monitors are mirrored rather than having the ability to stretch out the viewing area?
Gord is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 4th, 2016, 01:01 AM
Yes, it does - as Gord suggests - sound like an issue with the display settings in Windows.

Press the Windows button + P and select "extend the display to all monitors" (or something similar - I don't have a windows button on this machine).

Then try again.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old February 4th, 2016, 06:41 AM
I have seen this behavior on occasion (I run windows on my macbook pro using Parallels), at which point I have unplugged the HDMI cable from the laptop to the monitor, then plugged it back in and reselected the second monitor.
adzling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old February 4th, 2016, 09:54 AM
I had this happen with my laptop and having it hooked up to a TV set to use as a 2nd monitor for player view.

The issue was resolved after I had to disconnect the cable to 2nd monitor, the TV set, and fix my display settings. When I am done using the TV as a second monitor I need to change them back though for the computer to display properly.

Also, for some odd reason, Windows has changed my display setting back to "normal" on occasion if the cable to the TV gets lose, etc. which requires me to go in and adjust the display settings again.

Last edited by Jay_NOLA; February 5th, 2016 at 08:44 AM.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old February 4th, 2016, 05:11 PM
I find it to be rather finicky as well. I'd prefer it if the player view was simply a floating window / form that can simply be dragged to a 2nd screen & maximised.
DMG is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 5th, 2016, 02:00 AM
Well, the current system works well for me and gives me greater control than just having a window would do.

Now, if only we could adjust the background colour of the player view - for instance to black.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old February 5th, 2016, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargr View Post
Now, if only we could adjust the background colour of the player view - for instance to black.
I've yet to have a reason to use the player view feature at the table, but this strikes me as a very good idea. +1!
Dr_Automaton is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old February 8th, 2016, 04:01 AM
@Ninefingers

Which is your MAIN monitor? That's the difference I find sometimes.

You'll see this in Steam quite often, where a game in fullscreen (only on one monitor) will only display on the Main monitor. Windowed mode can go to either, BUT, fullscreen windowed mode will only display on the Main monitor.

What I mean by main monitor is the setting under the Display control panel screen. Under Multiple Display there's a little checkmark that says "Make this my main display."

It could be that the "Main monitor" (Read GM screen) isn't set up right.

What you want to do is set Extend these displays option under Multiple Displays, and then check whichever one is your GM screen as the MAIN.

THEN, you should be able to just drag the GM screen to the secondary (Player) monitor.

Now, all that being said, it's MUCH better IMHO to reveal and show in Player view, rather than drag the info around from screen to screen. Once you get used to it, it's a matter of seconds to show a portrait to your players, or a game aid (read: handout) on the player view.
Pollution is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Ninefingers

Old February 10th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Wow......thank you all. I have not been ignoring you. I am away from my office until the 17th, and will not be able to test any of these suggestions. Thank you again. I will get back to you and let you know.
Ninefingers is offline   #10 Reply With Quote