Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000

Notices

Closed Thread

Tribalbob

Old May 6th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Are you sure? I'm pretty certain I recall the choice being something like "For any Grey Knight, replace their Force Sword with a Force X" and then "Upgrade that force X to be Mastercrafted" not just on the Justicar.
Tribalbob is offline   #11
Mr_Rose

Old May 6th, 2011, 03:12 PM
The book is very explicit that only Justicars get to MC things in GKT squads. Possibly you are thinking of Paladin squads.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #12
Tribalbob

Old May 6th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Ah, so it does - I stand corrected.
Tribalbob is offline   #13
Bioshock13

Old May 10th, 2011, 03:35 AM
For starts thank you very much for your time in creating the Grey Knights data files. Now a question/ comment. (I'm not trying to create trouble or be a butt head.) When you take Inquisitor Coteaz (Lord of Formosa special Rule) "Inquisitorial Henchmen warbands are Troop choices in an army that includes Inquisitor Torquemada Coteaz, and are not limited by the number of Inquisitors in your army." But under the Henchmen Warband entry it says "This unit does not take up a force organization slot." Why does it take up a troop slot in army builder? It doesn't say anywhere I could find that this rule is changed just because they are no longer Elite.
Again thanks for all your hard work I really do enjoy it.
Bioshock13 is offline   #14
Mr_Rose

Old May 10th, 2011, 05:47 AM
It says that right after the line that tells you to take up to one per Inquisitor. I.E. That one unit taken per inquisitor doesn't take up a slot. If you aren't taking one per inquisitor, what does that sentence refer to? This is pretty basic English grammar and, I'm pretty sure, common to nearly every human language grammar that still exists.

Basically, please don't confuse line wrapping for either line breaks or, worse, paragraph breaks.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #15
fyrebyrd
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 10th, 2011, 06:55 AM
This has been discussed on our website HERE
I do agreed with Mr. Rose's interpretation here. This seems to be a debate because we have plenty of people who want their cake and eat it too.

The strictest interpretation would be to limit it. That is for now until GW clears it up with a FAQ release.

Fyrebyrd
AB40k Beta Tester

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.

Last edited by fyrebyrd; May 10th, 2011 at 06:58 AM.
fyrebyrd is offline   #16
mozza362000

Old May 12th, 2011, 12:47 AM
This is my first post and firstly wishing to thank all the lone Wolf team for an outstanding job throughout the years.

My question is this.
When a Codex is released then during the month embargo. If there is further rules or erratas released during this time do you incorporate this into the file or does the 30 day embargo on the erratas occur. Just wondering and please excuse any bad spelling as i am currently on om iphone.

Would love to see a version of Army Builde3r on the iphone (mmmmmmmmmm).
mozza362000 is offline   #17
fyrebyrd

Old May 12th, 2011, 04:48 AM
What probably would happen is that we would release the file as designed, without the FAQ/Errata. Then by next release or patch we would incorporate the FAQ/Errata.

Fyrebyrd
AB40k Beta Tester

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
fyrebyrd is offline   #18
Spack

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:52 PM
There isn't a 30 day embargo on errata/FAQ changes, but there will be a period of implementation and testing before release, so as Fyrebyrd says it would normally be incorporated with the next release.

Dan
AB40k Site Admin
http://www.ab40k.org - home of the AB40k maintainers
Spack is offline   #19
Closed Thread