Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2020, 05:49 PM
Client changes and improvements
  • Enables adding all PC and NPC types as new Campaign Cast and Script Cast characters
  • An "Add & Close" button was added next to the "Add choice" button to automatically close the dialog when choosing something to add to a character
  • The dialog for adding a non-purchasable item to a character now supports double clicking to add the item on non-narrow screens. This behavior should be familiar to users of Hero Lab Classic. Support for purchased items is coming later.
  • Replaces the stage expanded character row tabs with quick access links to the character's side panel sections. These links start off as a row of labeled icon buttons, but can be collapsed to a compact row of shortcut icons once you get familiar with the shorthand. Each row has its own set of shortcuts, so you can quickly jump from any section on one character to any section on another.
  • Replaced the character side panel section dropdown menu with the same collapsible quick access links available on the expanded stage character rows. This should make it easier to see what section you're on and what's available, as well as making it quicker, easier, and more discoverable to switch between them.
  • Moves play tab Weapons, Ammo, and Armor groups into the Combat section.
  • Renames the Play Equipment section to Gear to better reflect its new contents
  • Merges the Ability Scores (SR6 Attributes) sections of the play tab into the Character section. What was the character section is now a subsection called Profile.
  • Added icons to represent a character's Play tab/side panel sections, displaying them in the left nav panel, on the Play tab section headers themselves, and character side panel
  • Adds the character making the roll to the roller window for Stage Initiative/Surprise rolls
  • Adds an appropriate roller window title to Stage Initiative/Surprise rolls
  • Improved the client's ability to update itself automatically when starting up or coming back from server downtime
  • Tweaked the labels and icons in Tactical Mode setup to be more intuitive
  • Adds help button for scene script auto-retire checkbox
  • Makes the button to cancel out of tactical setup mode more obvious
  • Tweaks numerous Campaign input forms to have more consistent layout, spacing, alignment, and styling
  • PF2 - Adds the skill being used to the initiative roller window

Client bug fixes
  • Fixed Create Campaign Cast and Create Script Cast dialog windows not supporting confirm via keyboard Enter key
  • Fixes the "Your current version is out of date" message sometimes not showing when it was supposed to, and changes it to an informational blue color instead of a red color
  • Fixes toast messages sometimes disappearing when certain redirects were performed
  • Fixes stage portrait size being based on the panel they were in, rather than the width available in that panel
  • PF2 - Fixes the Focus meter not appearing under the Spells section (it still appeared under the Combat section)

Game mechanics
  • SF - Custom boons could not be set as slotless boons.
  • PF2 - NPC/Monster innate spell rolls where always displaying as zero.
  • PF2 - When taking the Druid Dedication feat "Order Spell" for Wild Order it was not providing a Focus Point.
  • PF2 - The spell adjustment "Inspire Defense" was missing.

Last edited by Joe; February 12th, 2020 at 08:53 AM.
Joe is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old February 12th, 2020, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
[*] PF2 - Adds the skill being used to the initiative roller window
Is there a way to change what skill you are using for initiative? I can't find it.
Dragnmoon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 14th, 2020, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
Is there a way to change what skill you are using for initiative? I can't find it.
Not in the window itself (I wanted to put a dropdown in the window itself as part of this change, but there were some technical details that needed to be sorted out to make that possible).

The dropdown for changing the skill used is on the stage itself. When you're in tactical setup mode, it should automatically switch to show you 3 controls for each character: Skill dropdown, dice roller, manual input. This is only for the GM, and only in PF2 (as the other games have specific initiative rules, while PF2 allows the use of a variety of skills). So right now you need to change the skill dropdown BEFORE opening the dice roller. Inconvenient, I know. Hopefully I can get around to correcting the underlying problem preventing me from enabling it in the window soon.

Last edited by Joe; February 14th, 2020 at 01:31 PM.
Joe is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old February 14th, 2020, 12:33 PM
Only for the GM?.... Are we talking about in Campaigns? I was looking as a player when I am playing a game.

I have not even looked at the new Campaign stuff since I won't be using it for awhile if ever.

Edit: as an example right now when I am in Play mode any ability I use that changes my initiative only works on perception, but most of the time that is not the skill I am using.

Edit: If this is only a Campaign thing please in the future call that out in the patch notes.

Last edited by Dragnmoon; February 14th, 2020 at 12:37 PM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old February 14th, 2020, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
right now when I am in Play mode any ability I use that changes my initiative only works on perception, but most of the time that is not the skill I am using.
hm, i just tested this by adding the Incredible Initiative feat and it's the same for me. the feat has a checkbox to activate when rolling init, but it only increases Perception, not any other skill. looks like that's a bug, you should report it.
dacoobob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote