Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kaleb

Old December 12th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Would it be possible to to add a check box in activated abilities for the Vital strike feat chain?

How do you add a class special item to the activated abilities section of the in play tab?
Kaleb is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 12th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Would it be possible to to add a check box in activated abilities for the Vital strike feat chain?
What exactly does this mean?

Quote:
How do you add a class special item to the activated abilities section of the in play tab?
On the "Class->Cass Special" tab in the editor you want to check "Show in Activated Abilities List?".

The "?" buttons next to the different options in the editor are really worth reading. They go over allot of what each check box or text area does and Aaron and them do a good job of keeping it up to date.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kaleb

Old December 12th, 2014, 06:19 PM
I would like a check box in the activated abilities tab to show the proper damage on your out put when you check the box. example great sword 2d6+6 base with vital strike4d6+6 [[note the +6 comes from 18 strength] greater vital strike would be 6d6+6]

Is it possible for hero lab to check for example if a character has power attack and show his base damage then a line with base damage plus power attack then a line if you have vital strike based on if you have feats activated on the in play tab?
Kaleb is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 12th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Quote:
I would like a check box in the activated abilities tab to show the proper damage on your out put when you check the box. example great sword 2d6+6 base with vital strike4d6+6 [[note the +6 comes from 18 strength] greater vital strike would be 6d6+6]

Is it possible for hero lab to check for example if a character has power attack and show his base damage then a line with base damage plus power attack then a line if you have vital strike based on if you have feats activated on the in play tab?
Those are some great ideas! Wouldn't it be great if their was an addon that already did all of this already!

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Cognato

Old December 13th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Hi all,
I am new to Hero Lab, the last in our gaming group to dive in. I tend to program my own Pathfinder character sheets in Excel for use at the table. These are heavily interactive sheets with a lot of real time options. But rewriting new sheets for multiple high level characters takes a lot of time and has a greater proclivity for rule errors. So I have invested in Hero Lab.

So bravo on the time and effort in putting together a great engine that can deal with such a complex and constantly expanding rule sets.

Most of my fellow gamers are using your iPad interface. I use a PC so am limited to the basic Hero Lab program. I intend to continue using my Excel sheets for game play when possible and using Hero Lab as verification of rules. Perhaps as I get more comfortable with your interface I well wean myself off mine.

So beside requesting a expanded "in game" interface for the PC (or android tablets), I was hoping to see the Pathfinder Advanced Class Database to include the new Advanced Class Origins. I am particularly interested in playing the Brawler Archetype; Winding Path Renegade. I do not know how long the turnaround for the implementation of such add ins are or even if it is on the list.

Thanks again for your devotion to this project, it is appreciated.
Cognato is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kaleb

Old December 14th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Shadow, I got the vital strike to work but it does not calculate my other static bonuses right. Vital strike does not seem to work with deadly aim. My character has a dex bonus of 7 and a +5 crossbow and deadly aim bonus of +12 for a total of +24 with vital strike the static bonus drops to +12
Kaleb is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 14th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Shadow, I got the vital strike to work but it does not calculate my other static bonuses right. Vital strike does not seem to work with deadly aim. My character has a dex bonus of 7 and a +5 crossbow and deadly aim bonus of +12 for a total of +24 with vital strike the static bonus drops to +12
Some one else just reported this issue also with deadly aim and ranged weapons. they sent me a character so I can duplicate the issue. I will work on it this week. Sorry guess I didn't test ranged weapons very well.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 14th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognato View Post
Hi all,
I am new to Hero Lab, the last in our gaming group to dive in. I tend to program my own Pathfinder character sheets in Excel for use at the table. These are heavily interactive sheets with a lot of real time options. But rewriting new sheets for multiple high level characters takes a lot of time and has a greater proclivity for rule errors. So I have invested in Hero Lab.

So bravo on the time and effort in putting together a great engine that can deal with such a complex and constantly expanding rule sets.

Most of my fellow gamers are using your iPad interface. I use a PC so am limited to the basic Hero Lab program. I intend to continue using my Excel sheets for game play when possible and using Hero Lab as verification of rules. Perhaps as I get more comfortable with your interface I well wean myself off mine.

So beside requesting a expanded "in game" interface for the PC (or android tablets), I was hoping to see the Pathfinder Advanced Class Database to include the new Advanced Class Origins. I am particularly interested in playing the Brawler Archetype; Winding Path Renegade. I do not know how long the turnaround for the implementation of such add ins are or even if it is on the list.

Thanks again for your devotion to this project, it is appreciated.
Advanced Class Origins is already complete and on sale as part of Player Companion #17. For the most part, we get the HL content finished for Paizo's releases the same month they hit stores. There are instances where a glut of content might come out (typically around GenCon) or something else goes wrong and we might have to delay portions of a book until a later month, but we usually can keep up.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old December 15th, 2014, 03:13 AM
I've been playing around with editing and adding things in the Hero Lab Editor. There I noticed that the buttons show if e.g. a category for a spell has been added and I entered the dialog to see which category has been chosen.

It might be easy to search manually for the picked categories if there are less than 100 items. But one similar dialog (can't check right now which one) had over 30,000 items so I only managed to find the active one, because I had a good guess already. So I'd appreciate it if you could add a filter "Show only active categories" in that kind of dialog.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Cognato

Old December 15th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Advanced Class Origins is already complete and on sale as part of Player Companion #17. For the most part, we get the HL content finished for Paizo's releases the same month they hit stores. There are instances where a glut of content might come out (typically around GenCon) or something else goes wrong and we might have to delay portions of a book until a later month, but we usually can keep up.
Thanks for the heads up. I will add it to my collection.
Cognato is offline   #10 Reply With Quote