Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nosferajew

Old September 30th, 2008, 06:30 PM
So I toyed around with a demo of Hero Lab awhile back, and was quite impressed with what I saw. A feature I really wanted to see was an integrated chat room and die roller so that multiple users could network, allowing one user to operate as a DM. The idea of a program that did this as well as keeping everyone's stats in order really appeals to me; some games are really complicated to run online, and most of my friends live a distance away which makes it difficult to gather everyone in person.

Are there any plans for chat functionality in the pipeline, or not so much?
Nosferajew is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 1st, 2008, 06:09 AM
I don't think we'll see an integrated chat room; it seems really outside the current scope of the program. Check out a program called Fantasy Grounds for what you're looking for.
FifthWanderer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nosferajew

Old October 1st, 2008, 06:41 PM
Looked at Fantasy Grounds. That's pretty much what I want...except it doesn't come in World of Darkness flavor.
Nosferajew is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
krathen

Old November 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM
You can make your own WoD flavor for fantasy grounds, the big problem is writing a custom system for it is a pain.
krathen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
phantomwhale

Old November 18th, 2008, 01:07 AM
In a related topic, I was asking about the ability to maybe tie in generated Hero Lab character with the Fantasy Grounds software.

Would be interesting to know if this was even possible (let alone planned development).
phantomwhale is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
krathen

Old November 19th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Well in all reality you would just have to have Hero Labs have a format that Fantasy grounds understands, or vice versa, then just import export whenever an update happens etc.
krathen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 27th, 2008, 01:27 AM
At 02:07 AM 11/18/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
In a related topic, I was asking about the ability to maybe tie in generated Hero Lab character with the Fantasy Grounds software.

Would be interesting to know if this was even possible (let alone planned development).
Definitely possible. You should be hearing something about this general topic when we release V3.0 in a few weeks. At that point, feel free to push us for more details. :-)
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote