Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Armando Penblade

Send a message via AIM to Armando Penblade Send a message via Skype™ to Armando Penblade

Old June 23rd, 2013, 07:15 PM
I am running a homebrew campaign and wanted to use HeroLab to supplement my GMing by rolling NPCs and the like. Right now I'm drawing up some pre-gens using the custom races I've added to the setting, but I'm having a little trouble getting them to work right.

One race is a gnome-esque race of hardy survivors who (among other things) have the "Scavenger" trait that was originally a Half-Orc Alternate Racial Trait. I don't see anywhere in the Editor that I can add this to either the Race (Banorn) or subtype (Humanoid-Banorn). Could you guys let me know how to do this?

I searched the forums for Scavenger first, but all I found were some bug reports (and a fixed statement) about how it wasn't "turning on" right.
Armando Penblade is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old June 24th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando Penblade View Post
I am running a homebrew campaign and wanted to use HeroLab to supplement my GMing by rolling NPCs and the like. Right now I'm drawing up some pre-gens using the custom races I've added to the setting, but I'm having a little trouble getting them to work right.

One race is a gnome-esque race of hardy survivors who (among other things) have the "Scavenger" trait that was originally a Half-Orc Alternate Racial Trait. I don't see anywhere in the Editor that I can add this to either the Race (Banorn) or subtype (Humanoid-Banorn). Could you guys let me know how to do this?

I searched the forums for Scavenger first, but all I found were some bug reports (and a fixed statement) about how it wasn't "turning on" right.
I am Assuming this is a race you added in the editor, and not with the race builder.

To make it a standard Alternate racial trait available to your race, you have to make a copy of the scavenger Alternate Racial Trait on the "Alt. Racial Trait" tab in the Herolab editor and click edit on the "Available to Races" parameter. Click on the box next to your race. Then add what it replaces.

If you want it standard on every "Banorn", you have to copy it over as a racial special on the "Racial Special Tab.

Follow these steps:

1.Copy it as an Alternate Racial trait first on the "Alternate Racial Trait" tab.
2.Copy everything over to the "Racial Special" Tab. Including the Eval Script, any tags or fields. Don't worry about copying the "source" tag over though.
3. Bootstrap your new "Racial Special" to the race.
Pezmerga is offline   #2 Reply With Quote