Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 1st, 2009, 08:33 PM
If multiple needtag expressions are defined for a portal, it appears they are combined with an "or" rather than an "and" - am I correct?

If that's the case, how do I get around it? I tried creating a new tag group, made sure to make it dynamic, and used a script on the hero and the components I'm adding to (using assignstr) combine the tag expressions I'm checking into a single tag which represents both. The problem is that the expression produces errors that the tag it's trying to add doesn't exist - I thought dynamic tags were supposed to be able to have tags added, or is assignstr not one of the ways you can create new tags?
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Distinct "needtag" expressions *are* combined via an "OR" operation.

Dynamic tags are *only* created on-the-fly when they are assigned to things and components. The compiler needs to know about all tags when it compiles the data files - so that the tag can be actually created. If you synthesize a tag reference via a script, the compiler won't know about the tag, so it won't create the tag. When you then reference the tag, it won't exist.

I need a better idea of the *goal* here. You can't do what you are trying to do, but I don't know the overall objective, so I can't offer an alternative suggestion. Please explain what you're trying to accomplish from a overall game mechanics standpoint. Then I can suggest a way to solve it.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2009, 07:22 AM
I turned one of my needtags into a prereq, actually, so don't worry about this one.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote