Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Bloodwolf

Old March 30th, 2020, 12:02 PM
Maybe I'm just a jerk of a DM but when my players find a gem I give them there description, or one of the descriptions, from the old 2E Volo's Guide to All Things Magical instead of telling them what it is. They have to guess what type of gem it is let alone appraise it.

So in Realm Works I have to put every single one in separately. Very time consuming.

It would be awesome to have a way to have a "database" to pull them from and the database adds the snippets for you to reveal as they learn them. It would be totally amazing if you could just bring up a box and tell it that you want X number of a certain type of gem and it randomly pulls a description from a list of descriptions, random value, a random cut type (including uncut [which would have to be tied to the value]), actual value, and maybe a blank or field for the party's estimated value of the gem.

As for art and jewelry most of these same fields could be included. With an almost infinite database as more and more players put examples in say a Thread for art and jewelry posts.

Maybe have it as some kind of add on?

It might even be possible to add pics to all the different types in the future. Think of some of the awesome D&D style art that has been put out in these past as the pics for artwork.

I would be happy to help put together the database for this.

Does this sound appealing to anyone else?
Bloodwolf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old April 4th, 2020, 11:03 AM
@ Bloodwolf... If your waiting on LW to do this don't hold your breath.. they have already abandoned anything new added to RW unfortunately.

I took anc created tables utilizing excel to do potions and gems as your describing. This was reasonably fast to make by copy / paste from 1e DMG pdfs I purchased from DriveThru RPG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old April 6th, 2020, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
@ Bloodwolf... If your waiting on LW to do this don't hold your breath.. they have already abandoned anything new added to RW unfortunately.
So are they even still working on RW? And nothing new as in no new content (adventures and such) or no new features or no new anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
I took anc created tables utilizing excel to do potions and gems as your describing. This was reasonably fast to make by copy / paste from 1e DMG pdfs I purchased from DriveThru RPG

Cool I'm looking into doing that to. Starting to bone up on Excel formulas now. Thanks.
Bloodwolf is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 6th, 2020, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
So are they even still working on RW? And nothing new as in no new content (adventures and such) or no new features or no new anything?
They are doing no development on both the tool itself and content.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old April 7th, 2020, 08:10 AM
Well that sucks. They have basically abandoned it.
Bloodwolf is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old April 7th, 2020, 08:21 AM
Well it seems like I missed a lot during my force absence from developing my campaigns. I still plan on using RW as long as I can. And it looks like I need to make sure that I keep my campaigns downloaded so the I can work offline if I have to.
Bloodwolf is offline   #6 Reply With Quote