Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

RicoTheBold

Old August 1st, 2019, 09:42 AM
So...HLO seems to be struggling to load anything, so that's great. It takes a long time to create or load a character, and it's struggling to load any options if/when it finally does load.

There's a warning on the playtest system pages that the playtest is being retired soon, with a convenient link to the HLO FAQ that doesn't mention anything about it.

Hero Lab Online has a relatively small window to actually become a reliable tool that doesn't just intermittently give stupid errors in confirming a change or fail to work entirely. I'm not going to pay for licensed content if the tool is such a pain to use how and when I want to use it, especially when it's also locked behind a subscription. If I'm not buying the licensed content, then it rapidly can't support the options my players will want, and most of the point of paying for someone else to build a character creator is gone.

I'm pretty much either all-in or all-out, because if I'm paying for a tool I want it to be comprehensive, but if the tool remains so damn unreliable, I'm probably all-out. Even if the new combat manager actually works, why would I ever trust it to be usable for any given game session? I can't even create a character right now.
RicoTheBold is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Yoshua

Old August 1st, 2019, 10:44 AM
I can roll with the punches on day 1, alot of people are probably hitting the servers. Will only give it a few days to a week though before I am no longer ok with it though.

Current Gripe is that I am not seeing a way to add backgrounds from the Age of Ashes players guide and they arent in on day 1. Oversight I think. I know coding isn't instant but the guide will hopefully have its options in soon.
Yoshua is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
theohster

Old August 1st, 2019, 11:14 AM
I was having an issue with loading earlier, but that seems to have resolved...for me, anyway.

The issue I'm having is that I seem to be seeing playtest options rather than final release options. For example, I'm trying to create a Cleric, and I want him to have the Field Medic background. But it's not there. As another example, for another character, I selected the Gnome ancestry, and the heritages appear to be the playtest ones (e.g., fell gnomes).
theohster is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RicoTheBold

Old August 1st, 2019, 11:30 AM
Coming back later, it seems to be loading things normally now.

I've got Field Medic listed as an option for backgrounds. You probably need to switch systems - exit out of the character (so you're on the character selection) and if you click where it says "Game Systems" with a little d6 up near the top right, you can pick the final version of the rules.
RicoTheBold is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Gwydion

Old August 1st, 2019, 11:56 AM
I noticed that I had to make sure to switch my ruleset from playtest to pathfinder 2nd edition. Still seems to take a while but it loads. Will look at it more tonight.

EDIT: I missed RicoTheBold's reply!
Gwydion is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RicoTheBold

Old August 1st, 2019, 12:14 PM
Aaaand it's not loading for me anymore. Maybe I'll try again tonight or tomorrow.
RicoTheBold is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
wildj79

Old August 1st, 2019, 12:30 PM
Things to consider: this is launch day and Gencon is ongoing. It is very conceivable that they are experiencing unusually high server load since everyone is eager to get online and try it out (including myself ). Not to mention all of the people at the con trying to use HLO for Pathfinder Society games and what not.
wildj79 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old August 1st, 2019, 02:11 PM
As of the moment it's downright perky. Maybe the initial wave has broken.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
JesterOC

Old August 1st, 2019, 02:42 PM
Still painfully slow for me
JesterOC is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
blkohn

Old August 1st, 2019, 02:53 PM
I'm not able to make characters. The initial Race combo box contains: (any), "No Ancestry" and thus anything I make is flagged as having no race. Also I can't select any classes.
blkohn is offline   #10 Reply With Quote