Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

numbat1

Old October 25th, 2018, 01:12 PM
I suspect that is more complex than just what LWD is willing and able to do. There are content licences/agreements to consider. Publishers that are ok with the multi-licence scenario of HLC which is device dependent, may not be happy with the idea of their content roaming more freely.

I would very much like to have a secondary license. I am the main player in our family for Organized Play but Paizo allows that when my husband or son are playing at the same table, we only need one copy of a source to be legal. So my extensive library of PDFs covers all of us. Similarly, if they are using one of my HLC licenses they have access to all the content I have purchased. With HLO we cannot currently do that so each has their own license and sticks with the CRBs for now. At the moment there is not a lot of content for either Starfinder or Playtest, so they are not missing much. That will change. On the other hand, I have no problem with either publishers or LWD wanting to protect their IP.

Perhaps if there is a limit to the number of additional licenses (like there is with HLC) and thus a limit to the number of simultaneous logins, that would help reduce the possible abuse but only so much.

So, I will try to apply patience as I wait for a solution and hope for the best for all concerned.
numbat1 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old October 25th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat1 View Post
I suspect that is more complex than just what LWD is willing and able to do.
Perhaps if there is a limit to the number of additional licenses (like there is with HLC) and thus a limit to the number of simultaneous logins, that would help reduce the possible abuse but only so much.
To your first point, yes. That would be a necessary consideration.

To your second point, I recall a very early statement that one would be allowed as many concurrent logins as they have license keys for HLC. So that would have been the limitation, and I would have been fine with that.

Now, if I correctly understand Rone, there may not even be that limitation. I'm not taking anything as final until a statement is made that is explicitly declared as final.
EightBitz is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Trester

Old October 29th, 2018, 11:15 AM
I do wish there was a way that my wife and two kids could access my account while we are all playing. I am willing to pay a little extra for it, but it's a little costly to buy all the stuff for Starfinder 3 more times.
Trester is offline   #23 Reply With Quote