Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mad Hamish

Old February 4th, 2013, 04:59 AM
So apart from organizing RPG campaign worlds does anybody have any other ideas for things to do with Realm Works?

I'm considering using it as a way to actually organize ideas I have for writing, anybody got more off the wall ideas than that?
Mad Hamish is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
morkalg

Old February 4th, 2013, 01:43 PM
I actually used some writing tools to organize campaign ideas before RW came along and so I think I "naturally" use RW like that. Once it's all official and more stable I thought about using it for exactly that.

RW's development team, this program has a HUGE amount of potential in that arena so once you get it released for gaming maybe you should market it to authors as well. Realm Works has so much potential and the cloud services could be great for automatic backups for our stories and give us the ability to access our writing anywhere we happen to be.

Just a thought. Good question Mad Hamish!!!
morkalg is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kristof65

Old February 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Well, besides having three different RPG campaign worlds I'm wanting to be managed with RW, I'm counting on it being able to help with the world building aspects of a couple of other projects, like the setting for a series of novellas/short stories, and the setting for a miniatures wargame. If it can handle my RPG campaigns to the level I'm hoping, doing those two things will be cakewalk.

If I'm really lucky, the timeline feature might be a good way to clean up some of the gaping plotholes I put into my last NaNoWriMo novel by allowing me to actually track who knew what when.
kristof65 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fox Lee

Old February 15th, 2013, 04:53 PM
I'm testing out RealmWorks for planning a video game. It's a Fire-Emblem style tactical RPG, which means the content is divided into very discreet blocks, and it struck me that RW was rather well-suited to such an object-oriented structure.

As it stands it's kind of a waste of RW's features - a lot of the setup involved deleting things that are established in the default - but it certainly has some benefits you can't get with a word processor or a simple database or even novel-planning software.

Fox Lee, The Art Gremblin
Invincible Ink - Original indie tabletop games on demand
The Square Fireball - Where it's 4th Edition Forever
Skies of Escarnum - Inclusive anime-flavoured 4e campaign world
HeroLab 4e patch contributor
Fox Lee is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Precisi

Old February 17th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I'm using it for a very writing-heavy online text-based/story-driven RP game I play. (and a couple tabletop games) It's proving to be extremely flexible for my needs since the online game is not a conventional campaign-style setup at all.
Precisi is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
poizen37

Old February 19th, 2013, 11:43 AM
There's a game store I go to that wants to use it to keep track of their in-house [insert well-known miniatures game] campaigns
poizen37 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote