Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

arsagano

Old August 17th, 2019, 07:11 AM
Thank you for the link. Unfortunately, based on the information I've seen in the "insights" thread, it appears that I am not a use case that matters to them. It makes me sad.
arsagano is offline   #151 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 17th, 2019, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsagano View Post
Thank you for the link. Unfortunately, based on the information I've seen in the "insights" thread, it appears that I am not a use case that matters to them. It makes me sad.
It is a sad situation that they can't find a method to have the same data files work on both HLC and HLO.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #152 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 17th, 2019, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
It is a sad situation that they can't find a method to have the same data files work on both HLC and HLO.
Hi Farling. Unfortunately, the two platforms work very differently, so just sharing the content between them isn't possible. We do have future plans to allow you to migrate your content from HLC to HLO that would just incur a less-than-$20 one-time-fee, if that helps.
Lj Stephens is offline   #153 Reply With Quote
arsagano

Old August 17th, 2019, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I fully understand that they can't make them both feasible without doubling the workload. For me, internet connectivity isn't about access. I just don't trust public wifi or business wifi. My cell plan has 1GB and no hotspot functionality.

My bigger issue, though, is that with HLC I pay one time and always have my content with full functionality. With HLO, I am constantly paying for access to content I have already paid to have. Non-editable characters is barely giving me access if my subscription lapses. I do not approve.

Still, I understand that I'm in the minority on this one. They have to put their effort into the areas that will yield profitable results. It just makes me sad. I spent a significant amount of money on PF1 content with HLC, and I was very happy with the model for it. For PF2, I will just have to find an alternative or stick with pen and paper.
arsagano is offline   #154 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 17th, 2019, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
Hi Farling. Unfortunately, the two platforms work very differently, so just sharing the content between them isn't possible. We do have future plans to allow you to migrate your content from HLC to HLO that would just incur a less-than-$20 one-time-fee, if that helps.
Transferring PF1 won't be much use without the community pack - and that's a LOT of stuff that would need converting somehow.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #155 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old August 17th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Transferring PF1 won't be much use without the community pack - and that's a LOT of stuff that would need converting somehow.
Not sure if this is a big deal. I suspect most users don’t use it. Of the eight people I play with I am the only one that uses it, and have mentioned it multiple times to them and even offered to help set it up. It def8nately is useful but if you don’t visit the forums you would never know about it.
Toblakai is offline   #156 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 18th, 2019, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Not sure if this is a big deal. I suspect most users don’t use it. Of the eight people I play with I am the only one that uses it, and have mentioned it multiple times to them and even offered to help set it up. It def8nately is useful but if you don’t visit the forums you would never know about it.
Yeah, not a big deal like having full access offline isn't a big deal.

I mostly use the community pack for its extensive set of adjustments which can be used during a game session.

Farling

Farling is offline   #157 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old August 18th, 2019, 08:12 AM
What they said.... ^^^^^
Krothos is offline   #158 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old August 21st, 2019, 07:49 AM
Psionics, Path of War, and Spheres of Power/Might are a massive part of our gaming; once 1e PF and 3pp stuff works in HLO, we'd love to subscribe. Until then HLC.
Ualaa is offline   #159 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old August 21st, 2019, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
[...] we'd love to subscribe. Until then HLC.
You'd "love to subscribe"??

I think you're the first person I've even known who thinks paying for something over and over again is better than paying for it once.

But to each their own...
Azhrei is offline   #160 Reply With Quote