Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

weogarth

Old January 5th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Than choosing to put a Tag on everything. Tags have UI requirements and limitations that the developers may not want to fulfill; they clog up the Tags section of the Transitions Pane, you have to write exceptions for things revealed to the whole party, and other things I'm sure I don't know about their implementation.

The Player mechanisms will have to be updated anyway to support individual reveal; piggybacking on that seems easier to me than adding an entirely new Tag system.
Ah ok. Well, yes, that could one way to do it but I can easily see that when I'm working on my content, constantly having to check PV to see who was flagged for what would be detrimental to my workflow. Perhaps substantially so.

YMMV of course.
weogarth is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 5th, 2015, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure I understand why PC tags would require an entirely new tag system. Tags are already in place and the tag lists are user extensible. My suggestion simply leverages what already exists. Rob loves tags!

What doesn't exist is a way to attach tags to other mechanics like the reveal button. I'd recommend left click reveal all (green button like we have already); right click open multi-tag list (blue button).

With tags we could see exactly which NPCs a PC (or PCs) have spoken to, or the locales they have knowledge of, or, or, or...and we could edit those topics immediately.

With tags we could see whether John + Jim + The Villain are a valid search. If nothing comes up, then those two PCs don't have information about The Villain in common.

With tags we could see whether John has been active in any Frog God Games content.

With tags and some LWD witchery, we could look for patterns across multiple realms! Ok, getting carried away. This would take a little more work and I don't know what the gain would be.... But it's theoretically possible and might be good for looking for content in your multi-realm library to find that NPC that you really think would work well in this instance so you could export/import her.
AEIOU is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Zogg

Old February 3rd, 2015, 07:29 AM
I have to admit, I did a little happydance when I found out that Individual Character Reveal was the #2 item to be worked on from the survey.

As to tags working with this, I'm not sure how that would be done, as tags are pretty much binary. A topic either has a tag or it doesn't.

Going back to my example images in the first post, if there was a 'Revealed to Matador' tag, then a search on that tag would bring up Khazamon, but you'd still have to spend some time looking to see which snippets about Khazamon were revealed to Matador.

I'm assuming that 'Enter Player Mode' will be changed to 'Enter Character Mode' and there will be a drop-down menu that will allow you to see what each individual character sees, in which case you could see precisely what Matador sees.

If the tag was applied to the topic title (as to whether the topic itself was revealed to a character), you could do a search for 'Revealed to Matador + 'Revealed to Pundgy' + 'Wizard' to see which wizards are known to Matador and Pundgy. In this case, Khazamon would appear in the search as he has been revealed to both characters and he is a wizard. However, if you did a search for 'Revealed to Matador + 'Revealed to Bryony' + 'Wizard', Khazamon would still appear because he has been revealed to both characters and he is a wizard. Except the fact that he *is* a wizard has not been revealed to Bryony.

Sorry if this is a bit rambling and disjointed. Haven't reached my coffee quota yet.
Zogg is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
nodice

Old July 25th, 2017, 01:57 AM
Hi guys, has there been any update about the feature discussed in this thread -Individual Character Reveal? I've been trying to follow where its up to but it seems to keep getting bumped. Apparently it was number 2 in a workflow survey in 2015. Is anyone able to shed any light on if its still happening or likely to happen?
nodice is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 25th, 2017, 02:22 AM
At this stage the next thing we know they are working on currently is the Content Market. There's been no hints as to when this will make it in.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old July 25th, 2017, 04:43 AM
I'd be shocked if this was in the top 20, to be honest. The amount of reworking of this would be huge as the 'toggle' type thing they have now for 'reveal/not reveal' would have to expand to an array. I'm sure there are other deeper considerations in the code to ensure they don't break anything else.

Gary
Assistant Calendar Champion (retired)

GM: D&D 3.5 homegrown Local/Small Scale campaign
GMing blog: http://www.undiscoveredworlds.com
weogarth is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
nodice

Old July 25th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
I'd be shocked if this was in the top 20, to be honest. The amount of reworking of this would be huge as the 'toggle' type thing they have now for 'reveal/not reveal' would have to expand to an array. I'm sure there are other deeper considerations in the code to ensure they don't break anything else.
Possibly, but it also adds a massive amount to what can be done. Currently we have no way to treat a party other than as a single entity. Players deserve more than that in my opinion, and it is already becoming industry standard...
nodice is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old July 25th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodice View Post
Possibly, but it also adds a massive amount to what can be done. Currently we have no way to treat a party other than as a single entity. Players deserve more than that in my opinion, and it is already becoming industry standard...
I don't think anyone disputes how much it could improve things.

However, let's put an essential fact and a strong opinion on the table here:

* LWD conducted a survey of what order to work on features after content market and I've seen nothing to indicate they're going to discard that.
* When it comes to campaign management, I think Realm Works redefined industry standard.

Gary
Assistant Calendar Champion (retired)

GM: D&D 3.5 homegrown Local/Small Scale campaign
GMing blog: http://www.undiscoveredworlds.com
weogarth is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old July 25th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Individual reveal is another of the features, like character journals, that while it doesn't directly add anything to the world building features of RW it would greatly enhance the usability of RW.

I'd like to see individual reveal, character journals and custom calendars given the highest priority after the CM goes live. The precise order is up the LWD but IMO these three should be the big three features to add.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 25th, 2017, 05:11 PM
I think web view will take priority to be honest. Web view will open up to a larger market of users and be core in the future of the product from a technology perspective upon which everything else will rely on.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #40 Reply With Quote