Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

MNBlockHead

Old April 10th, 2019, 09:11 PM
While I love having the SRD from the Content Market imported into my realm, it does pose the issue of having many common words being suggested for linking. There are a number of terms that I just never need to look up or at least do not need to have linked. E.g., strength, dexterity, saving throw, etc.

It would be great if while being asked if I want to create a link to these terms as I'm saving a topic, if there were an option to "never link in this realm" or something similar.

It would also be great if you could see all words in your realm that prompt or auto link so you can manage them all at once instead of tracking down the article that contain them.

I'm sure if this is not possible that there is already a feature request, but if I'm missing anything, or if someone has a tip to make managing autolinking and link suggestions after importing purchased content, please share.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Cammagno

Old April 10th, 2019, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
It would be great if while being asked if I want to create a link to these terms as I'm saving a topic, if there were an option to "never link in this realm" or something similar.
You can set that term's priority to "never" under Manage Names
Cammagno is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 11th, 2019, 12:30 AM
You can also set the topic/article name to require case-matching. That way, it will only be proposed as a match when capitalized.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Murrdox

Old April 11th, 2019, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
You can also set the topic/article name to require case-matching. That way, it will only be proposed as a match when capitalized.
This is what I do and it helps me a ton. For example in my game there's a weapon property called "Area". I definitely don't want to link to the weapon property every freaking time I use the word "area" in a sentence. However, when I'm writing out weapon stats for an NPC or something actually has an area-effect, I just use "Area" and it links to the rule. Extremely helpful.
Murrdox is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old April 11th, 2019, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrdox View Post
This is what I do and it helps me a ton. For example in my game there's a weapon property called "Area". I definitely don't want to link to the weapon property every freaking time I use the word "area" in a sentence. However, when I'm writing out weapon stats for an NPC or something actually has an area-effect, I just use "Area" and it links to the rule. Extremely helpful.
This would also be a case where tags would come in very handy. I have nearly the same issue as you mentioned, and using tags made this much easier.

If you want to keep the linking, here's an idea: I also modified the rules a bit when entering in RW. For example, if your rules have Area: 50 feet, Area: 100 feet, etc., I made those all synonyms of "Area" (which was the overview of the rule for Area, and made that case-matching).

D100 for life!
gloranphile is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Cammagno

Old April 15th, 2019, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
This is a very useful option, and to tell the truth, I set all the topics to Sensitive, and then I capitalize all the "keywords" in my content that I want to be auto-linked.

Speaking of this, there are a couple of things that would make this much much quicker:
1) an option to set the default behaviour to "Sensitive" (or one of the other options), because having to set it for all the topics and aliases require me a huge amount of time.
2) a button and/or shortcut to capitalize words in the format menu (we have upper case, lower case, invert case, but not capitalize)

I don't know how time-consuming will be to add one or both these features to one of next updates, but if/when this will happen I will be very happy, it will save me a lot of time
Cammagno is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 11th, 2019, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the responses, I'm very familiar with the options under "manage names." What I'm hoping for is a way to manage names without having to go article/topic to article/topic, one by one. This wasn't much of an issue before, because I was creating all the content myself. But when I import large numbers of topics from purchased content, it can be onerous to have to individually manage names for many of the imported topics.

It would be great if I there were a GLOBAL manage names that would show all names in a realm and allow you to set name preferences without having to go to each and every article/topic.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old April 12th, 2019, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
It would be great if I there were a GLOBAL manage names that would show all names in a realm and allow you to set name preferences without having to go to each and every article/topic.
+1 to this idea!

D100 for life!
gloranphile is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old April 12th, 2019, 10:16 AM
+1

Great idea!

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old April 13th, 2019, 05:55 PM
We definitely need something, and preferably some consideration when content is being provided for import. The Eureka stuff is causing some pretty unhelpful words to be prompting for a link; it can definitely harsh my creative flow.

It's enough of a headache that I interrupted my work to come here to look for a topic to mention it in.

Gary
Assistant Calendar Champion (retired)

GM: D&D 3.5 homegrown Local/Small Scale campaign
GMing blog: http://www.undiscoveredworlds.com
weogarth is offline   #10 Reply With Quote