Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Vampyre

Old May 15th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Hello guys,

So, I've finally started to enter some entries into my RW, about the universe setting I'm playing in. As mentionned in another post, the universe I'm playing in is vast, and has a lot of background (around 5000 years of past history).

From my campaign point of view, I don't need to explain all those 5000 years of history, but could be using them to explain the world in a quest (ancient ruins exploration, which lead to the discovery of a not well known fact in history for example).

So I tried to create an event, with multiple entries, one entry being one special date. You all know how history books are written, and I barely have a precise date. (cleopatra, better known as cleopatra 7, was born in -69BC. Was it in july 3rd ? None knows). Such is the past history of the universe.

My first date to enter in RW is dating -40 000 bc. And it has given me headaches since I don't figure out how I could enter this date in RW. I use a gregorian calendar, and I must chose a very precise date. But I have not found yet how to enter a very specific date, such as -40 000 bc, or 4 000 ac. Do I need to take 40.000 * 12 clicks in order to write that date down in RW ? Or is there a way to simply type a date ?

My problem here is that I would like to use the timeline when all the entries are done, so I can see easily how the events went before starting to try explaining my players how history had folded in the universe (or if they ask me if that event was before or after another event).

Any ideas on how I could get this done in RW ?

Many thanks guys for the help !

Last edited by Vampyre; May 15th, 2014 at 10:36 PM.
Vampyre is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Teresa

Old May 16th, 2014, 03:01 AM
Hi there

I haven't used this much, but I simply click on the month, years appear, then click on the year and decades appear, and so on until you have millenia.
Teresa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old May 16th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Worth noting that the current calendar runs from 10,000 BC to AD 10,000 (and follows all of the peculiarities of the Gregorian calendar), so you won't find the year -40,000 in it.

Feel free to post in the Calendar thread in the feature request forum to help push priority for user-defined calendars, though. Once we have those, the sky's the limit.
Chemlak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 17th, 2014, 02:59 AM
Maybe you could organise this ancient era (before the calendar starts) in topics

----- Cleopatra
----- Fire has been invented

Then when the calendar timeline is reached you can use that.
For older entries you could link them together or use those plot items for that...
Acenoid is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Vampyre

Old May 17th, 2014, 11:38 PM
Thanks guys for letting me know the limits. I didn't knew those.

And I was also a little bit struggling with the dates (of course, I was looking for something that wasn't in the system yet).

I will do what you suggested with the topics for dates, and then taking on the timeline.

Many thanks for the help guys !
Vampyre is offline   #5 Reply With Quote