Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Virtue

Old May 15th, 2010, 03:04 PM
I know how to create abilities but i have no idea how to do this one its turns on and off (like power attack) it pumps up skills saves and init

A death giant's victims become its guardians in death. Each death giant is surrounded by a constantly swirling cloud of intangible spirits.
These spirts provide the death giant with warnings and protections, granting the creature a bonus on its initiative rolls, saves, Perception checks equal to its charisma modifier.
A death giant's will binds its guardian souls to it. They are not ghosts or undead in the usual sense and cannot be damaged dispelled or separated from the death giant.
The souls can be suppressed by doing 30 points of positive energy damage in a single round. This causes them to vanish for 1d10 rounds, and the death giant loses the benefits of its guardian souls, frightful keening, soul healing, and steal souls abilities until the souls return

Help me out what what I do the racial special
Virtue is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 15th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Try this
Code:
~Post-attributes 10,000
      ~ If we're not shown, just get out now
      doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)
      ~ If we ARE activated get out now
      doneif (field[abilActive].value <> 0)

~ set this abilities value field
  field[abValue].value = hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value
   ~ increase the different things on the monster here
   hero.child[Initiative].field[Bonus].value += field[abValue].value
   #skillbonus[skPercep] += field[abValue].value
   hero.child[svFort].field[svMisc].value = field[abValue].value
   hero.child[svRef].field[svMisc].value = field[abValue].value
   hero.child[svWill].field[svMisc].value = field[abValue].value
The above should be put on the Eval Script of the Racial Special. You also need to check mark "Show in Activated Abilities list?" as this will allow the ability to show up in the "In-Play" tab.

Going by the wording of your ability this should always be on unless check marked under the "In-Play" tab which will stop giving the Cha bonus to everything. Basically when 30points of pos damage is taken.

I put this together by referencing things already in HL. For the skill bonus I looked at a trait, for the Init bonus I copied from the Imp Init Feat, For the ability modifier I looked at the Combat Expertise feat, and for the saves I copied the script from the Cloak of Resistance. Put them all together and you get the above.

Hope that helps.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old May 15th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks man its backwards of tab shuts it off but thats cool thanks Now my death giant is done
Virtue is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 16th, 2010, 06:47 AM
No problem glad to help. To change the script so that it is Off when not checked and On when checked you just have to change the following:
Code:
      ~ If we ARE NOT activated get out now
      doneif (field[abilActive].value = 0)
Field[abilActive] is returning what is called a boolean variable. Which basically means its a 1 or 0 (True or False). So the original script is basically saying in English that If Active(check marked) then get out of the script without doing anything.

The new code above is saying that IF Not Active(Not Check Marked) get out without doing anything.

Hope that helps.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote