Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Dior

Old January 23rd, 2018, 04:56 PM
Can the hero lab folder be moved out of the program data folder on c drive and place on another drive? Will HL allow this, is the a certain place to put it ?
Also the file that holds my portfolios in the documents folder on c drive, can I move that as well?

Thanx for any help !

Dior
Dior is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 23rd, 2018, 11:46 PM
I have herolab installed on my D: drive. If you want to move an existing installation, you should uninstall it from its current place and install it fresh into the new place.

The character portfolio files can be stored anywhere - some of mine are in a OneDrive folder.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 24th, 2018, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I have herolab installed on my D: drive. If you want to move an existing installation, you should uninstall it from its current place and install it fresh into the new place.

The character portfolio files can be stored anywhere - some of mine are in a OneDrive folder.
OneDrive to hold them all
OneDrive to store them
OneDrive to keep them all
And at the table, load them.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dior

Old January 25th, 2018, 05:10 AM
Thank you. HL is installed on a secondary HDD. It still sends my portfolios to c:/Documents.
The user content (.user file) is still set to c:/ProgramData/Hero Lab. There is no option to set this to a folder on its home HDD, nor an option to set the home destination of the Portfolios.

Dior

Moving these folders from my OS drive (an SSD) is a space issue

Last edited by Dior; January 25th, 2018 at 05:24 AM.
Dior is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 25th, 2018, 08:12 AM
You can tell Hero Lab to use different "dataroot" (game system data) and "userroot" (default for saved characters) folders using command line options. It requires a bit of work to set up and breaks integration with Realm Works, so you may not want to use the feature, but it is there.

You can read about it in the Hero Lab manual: Open a game system in Hero Lab, go to Help/Hero Lab Manual, scroll down and pick Miscellaneous Details, and look for the Folder Locations section.

Last edited by Parody; January 25th, 2018 at 08:15 AM.
Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote