Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

HippyCraig

Old February 4th, 2016, 03:31 PM
I am created some custom content and I created a new source but I dont like the name how do I remove it once its been added, or edit it and rename it. Is there an option for that
HippyCraig is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 4th, 2016, 03:46 PM
You have a few options. First one is you could create a .1st file outside of the editor and in XML to set the name which will override whats in the .user file.

The other way is to open the .user file with "note" pad or another simple text program (ie TextPad or Notepad++). Then do a simple "Find/Replace" of the text in the user file for all instances of the text. Do this without HL running.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
HippyCraig

Old February 4th, 2016, 05:09 PM
two questions:

1. what is a .1st file?
2. What if I already have a compiled user file in HL and that name is now stuck in the list, is there a way to remove it?
HippyCraig is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old February 4th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippyCraig View Post
two questions:

1. what is a .1st file?
2. What if I already have a compiled user file in HL and that name is now stuck in the list, is there a way to remove it?
1st File - A .1st file is a special type of XML file that is made for HL and is the very first set of files loaded into memory. Most of the time the larger community created addons use this file to setup the Sources. Especially if you would like to have "Parent" sources that can not be checked mark and have "Child" sources below them. This can only be done using a .1st file. HERE is a info how to create a .1st file.

From Shadows FAQ link.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=15524

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
HippyCraig

Old February 4th, 2016, 05:50 PM
What about the second question, I have already compiled user file for testing and the data remains including is contents. How do I remove it and its source from within HL
HippyCraig is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 4th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Quote:
What about the second question, I have already compiled user file for testing and the data remains including is contents. How do I remove it and its source from within HL
Do you want to remove it or change it? What I listed above is how you change it.

If you want to remove it you must find every Thing that is source marked and uncheck it. Then next time you load HL the source will not exist and it will go away.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
HippyCraig

Old February 4th, 2016, 05:58 PM
I was looking to find out how to both, so thank you for the explanations. I am having trouble locating the files so for example I am using 5e SRD and looking in the following folder and I dont see any files with .1st extension or do I see any HL files either.

Looking in:
C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e

Becuase I cant find them its hard to follow along
HippyCraig is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
HippyCraig

Old February 4th, 2016, 06:11 PM
i feel like I need to explain a little more. So this is actually a new quesiton but it was sparked by what I originally asked.

I have created a simple user file that added a class, that class was set to a custom source, I have since compiled it and seems to be permanently include as an option to add that to my portfolio file for newly created hero's how do I remove that added content from HL.
HippyCraig is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 4th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Quote:
I was looking to find out how to both, so thank you for the explanations. I am having trouble locating the files so for example I am using 5e SRD and looking in the following folder and I dont see any files with .1st extension or do I see any HL files either.

Looking in:
C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e

Becuase I cant find them its hard to follow along
You really should be posting in the 5e forums then. I "assumed" you where talking about Pathfinder and had more experience with HL editor.

.1st files are files you "create" new they do not come with Hero Lab. So you will not find them. In the 5e folder is a .user file which is simple "text" file or XML and you can open and edit it with a Text program.

Quote:
i feel like I need to explain a little more. So this is actually a new quesiton but it was sparked by what I originally asked.

I have created a simple user file that added a class, that class was set to a custom source, I have since compiled it and seems to be permanently include as an option to add that to my portfolio file for newly created hero's how do I remove that added content from HL.
To prevent the "new" content from showing in HL you will need to delete the .user file or remove it from the 5e data folder. Otherwise every time HL loads it will load up the information in the .user files.

I am a little lost now what you are trying to accomplish:
1) You want to change the source "name" that appears in the Configure Your Hero window?
2) You want to remove the source "name" that appears in the Configure Your Hero window?
3) You want to remove ALL the custom stuff you have done and put 5e back to the way it was?

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
HippyCraig

Old February 4th, 2016, 07:46 PM
yes sorry for being so all over the place, I just started using the editor and I was jumping around to different things.

I started creating some custom classes, then I found out how to add a source so that it was an option to select.

Then I got curious as to how to modify the compiled source name as I didn't like what I had put.

Then I was wondering how to remove all the custom compiled content all together for that.

I was just playing around with different things as I am new to all that HL has to offer. Again really sorry to jump around, just a lot of ideas all at once.
HippyCraig is offline   #10 Reply With Quote