Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Lonewolf147

Old May 19th, 2018, 06:58 PM
Hey folks,
So I'm looking to see if anyone wants to either fix the dataset for the Midgard Campaign Setting (pathfinder), create a seperate .hl file with the missing info, or help guide me to create the content?

So far I've discovered that all the traits and feats listed under the Gearforged race are missing. I contacted Kobold Press about this and they said that it was a mistake to have omitted that info, and suggested I contact LW about fixing it.

Seems a poor choice to pawn their work off on you guys, unless it was you who created the dataset in the first place using their info.

Either way... anyone interested?
Lonewolf147 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old May 19th, 2018, 10:57 PM
You could send an email to Lone Wolf support, or raise a bug report - posting in the forum isn't the same as contacting LW.
I feel its rather disappointing that Kobold Press won't take responsibility for their own files, even if LW did the work for them.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 20th, 2018, 12:04 AM
I would be surprised LW did them. Their policy has always been that the 3PP do the work and abide by the LW standards. So to me this sounds like the issue 100% falls on Kobold press to fix. If not I would ask for my money back unless it was clear that the product was only partially finished when you purchased it.

Personally I have no desire to get into the middle of “finishing” a paid product. Unless Kobold Press wants to pay me to finish it of course.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 20th, 2018, 08:51 AM
Here is the link to the stickied forum post for bug reporting, including a specific link for Kobold Press support. It's always been my understanding that this is the proper link to use to report issues with a data file for Kobold Press, and that they're handled by the contractor who writes most of the data files for Kobold Press. The person you talked to at KP may not have been aware that this was available, since it's a contractor who's managing this email address.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=24976
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old May 20th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Thanks guys, I'll pursue it that route
Lonewolf147 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old June 9th, 2018, 07:17 PM
Just an update, I did send an email to the KP email listed in that post the same day (May 20th) and as of today, I have had no response from them. :/

So for the interim, I just created all the traits and feats as named items in my personal .user file. I'm no good at scripting, so I just will manually created adjustments in the character sheet for any of the things I take.

Source URL for my personal Dataset, and updated Rappan Athuk and Frog God Games Pathfinder datasets which removes duplication errors: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksqvq0e7yd...dates.xml?dl=1 Be sure to remove both official datasets before running these.
Lonewolf147 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote