Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
The Wolf animal companion for the Ranger wasn't given the 'Trip' ability by default, and it looks like it's skill bonuses are short (Bestiary has it at +8 Perception, +6 Stealth).
The missing trip will be fixed in the next update.

If I add a wolf companion to a 1st level druid, then give the companion the skill focus: perception feat, and assign one skill point to each of perception and stealth, the wolf has perception +8 and stealth +6. A higher level druid's companion will have more HD, and therefore more skill points, and may be able to get higher bonuses. A first level druid's wolf companion has 2HD, just like the default Wolf, so everything happens to work out the same if you make the same feat and skill choices.
Mathias is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
When I add a level of cleric to an otherwise blank character, he has DC 10 for channel positive energy. I then added the Sacred Conduit feat, and the channel positive energy DC went up to 11.

Could you tell me where you see the two instances of the traits? I'm not finding a second one. What display settings do you have active? Which trait(s) are you seeing?

I'll fix the summary text for Sacred Conduit. It was probably something I missed changing from the SRD version.
Mathias is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
mbouck

Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
When I add a level of cleric to an otherwise blank character, he has DC 10 for channel positive energy. I then added the Sacred Conduit feat, and the channel positive energy DC went up to 11.

Could you tell me where you see the two instances of the traits? I'm not finding a second one. What display settings do you have active? Which trait(s) are you seeing?

I'll fix the summary text for Sacred Conduit. It was probably something I missed changing from the SRD version.
Try it using a Cleric with Sun and Destruction domains -- still seems to be off by one by my count but I'll double-check.

I turned-on the "display feat descriptions" option and it printed-out the Sacred Conduit trait multiple times (once on the first page and again on the second page).

It would be useful if HeroLab told you how it was calculating a given skill/DC (e.g. +3 (stat bonus) +3 (class skill) +1 (ranks) +1 (Sacred Conduit) ...) Maybe you could do this as a hover-over tooltip in the UI...
mbouck is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbouck View Post
Try it using a Cleric with Sun and Destruction domains -- still seems to be off by one by my count but I'll double-check.
No change when adding those domains. You've considered the effects of the level, the effects of your attributes, the effects of any other feats/traits, etc.?

Quote:
I turned-on the "display feat descriptions" option and it printed-out the Sacred Conduit trait multiple times (once on the first page and again on the second page).
Each section of the character sheet should have a header in gray. Which headers is it under?

Quote:
It would be useful if HeroLab told you how it was calculating a given skill/DC (e.g. +3 (stat bonus) +3 (class skill) +1 (ranks) +1 (Sacred Conduit) ...) Maybe you could do this as a hover-over tooltip in the UI...
Take a look at the Cortex, Savage Worlds, or 4ed files (in demo mode if you don't have them) for how this will look when finished. Those are our newer game systems, so the tracking mechanics could easily be built in from the beginning. Pathfinder was derived from the d20 files - the oldest one. So, implementing that is something we want to add, but it's a large chunk of effort, and we just haven't gotten to it yet.
Mathias is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
mbouck

Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
No change when adding those domains. You've considered the effects of the level, the effects of your attributes, the effects of any other feats/traits, etc.?

Each section of the character sheet should have a header in gray. Which headers is it under?

Take a look at the Cortex, Savage Worlds, or 4ed files (in demo mode if you don't have them) for how this will look when finished. Those are our newer game systems, so the tracking mechanics could easily be built in from the beginning. Pathfinder was derived from the d20 files - the oldest one. So, implementing that is something we want to add, but it's a large chunk of effort, and we just haven't gotten to it yet.
Take a look at the attached portfolio. Roland, the Cleric, should have 14DC on his Channel Energy DCs by my calculations (10 + 1/2 cleric level (.5 round-up to 1) + 2 Charisma bonus + 1 Sacred Conduit = 14). Are you rounding-down the cleric level? Seems like the rules are a bit obtuse on this -- doesn't say to round-up or down.

Malachi, the Rogue, has Killer as a trait but when printed out it is listed both as a Feat/trait and also as a Special Ability...
Attached Files
File Type: zip PFGroup.zip (486.5 KB, 1 views)
mbouck is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Thetis_39

Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:05 PM
Do not see these 2 being mentioned so i thought i would throw them in.

For a 1st level sorcerer with the draconic bloodline it is giving them the elemental resistance and the natural ac bonus at 1st level when they should get them at third level.
As well, When you choose the draconic blood line it gives you blindsense (0feet) which is not in the draconic bloodline.

As well the height calculation for half-orcs says it is the base plus 2d8 when it should be 2d12.

Last edited by Thetis_39; November 23rd, 2009 at 09:16 PM.
Thetis_39 is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
evilash

Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:55 PM
When you add the Combat Casting feat to your spellcaster, the Concentration Check under the class tab is not updated with the +4 modifier.
evilash is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Are you rounding-down the cleric level? Seems like the rules are a bit obtuse on this -- doesn't say to round-up or down.
Pg 12 of the main book:
"Unless otherwise stated, always round down."

I'll check the rest tomorrow.

Last edited by Mathias; November 24th, 2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: fixed the quote tags
Mathias is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilash View Post
When you add the Combat Casting feat to your spellcaster, the Concentration Check under the class tab is not updated with the +4 modifier.
Unfortunately, combat casting isn't a bonus to ALL concentration checks - just to concentration checks made to cast on the defensive or while grappled. Pg. 206-207 has a list of 8 different situations that might require a concentration check. So, like all the other situational bonuses, it needs to stay in the special tab, and can't be added to what it modifies.
Mathias is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
evilash

Old November 24th, 2009, 12:37 AM
I've been having an error for a while, but haven't reported it yet since I haven't been able to pin down what causes it. I think I may have a clue now though... Sometimes when I create a creature and select a race the application locks up and I have to terminate it with either the Task Manager or ALT+F4. It seems that this error primarily occurs when I try to create a d20 monster, but it also seems to occur if I copy a d20 monster and adjust it to Pathfinder. For example, I've been having this problem with the Stirge.

EDIT: I found the cause of the lock up myself. What seems to have happened is that the syntax for Bonus Hit Dice have changed from d20. Instead of entering 1d10 you should enter 1 in the field Bonus Hit Dice and 10 in Hit Dice # Sides. If you don't the program interprets the hit dice string (in this case 1d10) as an extremely large number. So the reason the program locks up is probably because it's busy calculating the hit points from the extremely large number of hit dice.

Last edited by evilash; November 24th, 2009 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Added cause
evilash is offline   #40 Reply With Quote