Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Vaneheart

Old August 9th, 2014, 12:44 AM
I was adding a Medium Drone Sensor package to a drone, and added a camera. However, I was unable to add accessories to the camera (low-light, vision mag, etc), even though it says this is possible in the item description. Furthermore, I was only able to add a single camera, even though there are multiple examples in the books of other drones having more than one camera.

Just wanted to check before I submitted a bug report.
Vaneheart is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 9th, 2014, 08:59 AM
It's 3 days before I leave for Gen Con. I'm going to get way behind on forum posts while I'm at Gen Con, and there's a chance that any bug reports that have been placed in forum threads will be missed in the backlog of posts I'll have to catch up on.

If those bug reports are in the bug tracking system, they'll stay in my inbox until I can take a look at them.

So especially now, even if you're not sure something is a bug, please skip posting forum posts asking "is this a bug" and just report the potential bug in our bug tracking system.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vaneheart

Old August 10th, 2014, 04:05 AM
Will do. I apologize for the breach of etiquette.
Vaneheart is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mMerlin

Old August 20th, 2014, 09:51 PM
I have already submitted a bug report for the single camera issue. As a 'fudge', you can get multiple cameras added, by first turning off the previous camera. Then HL will let you add another, although it complains again as soon as both are turned on at the same time.

Another way that sort of works, is to add multiple cameras a once. In the sensor housing, Add Modifications, select Camera; set stack to "Add Single Items"; set quantity to 2; click "Add & Close". That adds both cameras, but they are both red, with a validation warning of "You have installed the same modification twice on the same item". Again, turning off the extra camera(s) gets rid of the warnings.

I was able to add modifications to each of the cameras without any problems, as long as I stayed within the capacity (3) and availability (12) limits. So more details will be needed for how you tried/failed to do that.

Full HL path for testing ("|" separators are windows change breaks):
New Profile | .. | OK | {drag} Resources A; Vehicles | Add New Vehicles | MCT-Nissan Roto-Drone; Add & Close | {leave vehicle checked as separate character}; {Dashboard} {MCT-Nissan Roto-Drone} {make this the active character} | Gear | Add New Gear | Handheld Sensor Housing; Rating 3; Customize | Add Modifications | Camera; {Stack} Add Single Items; {Qty} 2; Add & Close | {first camera} Edit this Equipment | Add Modifications | Flare Compensation; Add; Low Light Vision; Add & Close | OK | {second camera} Edit this Equipment | Add Modifications | Thermographic Vision; Add; Vision Enhancement; Rating 1; Vision Magnification, Electronic; Add & Close | OK | Add | Close

The main status information for the roto-drone just shows "handheld housing (3)", but in the Gear summary (for the roto-drone), Handheld Sensor Housing shows modifications of both cameras, and the enhancements to them.
mMerlin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote