Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 28th, 2021, 02:15 PM
How do I get the skill unlocks to show up on the character sheet?
blzbob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old October 11th, 2021, 12:08 PM
Am I to assume that it can't be done since there isn't an answer?
blzbob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 11th, 2021, 11:00 PM
I assume this is for Unchained? I don't use that, but can you offer more detail? What is missing on the character sheet that you want to see - a full description? A better description? Do the additional abilities not display as Special Abilities?

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old October 16th, 2021, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
I assume this is for Unchained? I don't use that, but can you offer more detail? What is missing on the character sheet that you want to see - a full description? A better description? Do the additional abilities not display as Special Abilities?
It's from Unchained. There are no descriptions at all what the unlocks are so I have to either have my books with me or keep the website open.
blzbob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old October 16th, 2021, 10:29 AM
IIRC, Skill Unlocks append text to the skill's description.
Lord Magus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 16th, 2021, 02:33 PM
I'm on a backup computer without any of my HL stuff, so I can't look into it. It sounds like who-ever set up the Unchained stuff did it simply, and didn't add in the "add text" to the actual skills. This shouldn't be too hard to achieve with an append script. Once my main system is working again I might be able to figure this out.
I think Unchained is a LW package? If so, you could lodge a bug report about it, but that probably won't change anything.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

Dami is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old October 16th, 2021, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
IIRC, Skill Unlocks append text to the skill's description.
But how do I get it to show up on the character sheet when I print it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami
This shouldn't be too hard to achieve with an append script. Once my main system is working again I might be able to figure this out.
I think Unchained is a LW package? If so, you could lodge a bug report about it, but that probably won't change anything.
I don't know how to do that. I'm sure it's not too difficult, but I don't really remember much about how to work with Hero Lab and I've had a stroke since I used to so I don't try much anymore. It's frustrating for me to try to relearn things that I used to know how to do or was able to figure out. If you can figure it out, that would be great. I can also log a bug report. I'm just surprised that this hasn't come up before now.
blzbob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 16th, 2021, 06:15 PM
If the text already exists, then you'd probably only see it if you print the full abilities & gear part of the sheet. A normal character sheet only display the first part of any text or summary.

Dami is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old October 17th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
If the text already exists, then you'd probably only see it if you print the full abilities & gear part of the sheet. A normal character sheet only display the first part of any text or summary.
That's how I print character sheets normally and it's not there.
blzbob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
AllusiveMan

Old October 21st, 2021, 04:12 PM
Yeah. We use Unchained skill unlocks in my game, too. You can activate them in your character portfolio, but nothing actually changes or shows up anywhere. You just have to remember them.
AllusiveMan is offline   #10 Reply With Quote