Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2014, 03:23 PM
Paizo has (with a little bit of obfuscation) announced a new playtest coming next week: http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo...s-and-Portents

We're getting close to finishing Monster Codex, and we'll be releasing that next week, but Advanced Class Origins will only be partially finished when Monster Codex releases. We'll be finishing up Advanced Class Origins as quickly as we can after Monster Codex's release.

Now, with the playtest material coming next week, that adds a bit of material to our workload. We have not received a copy of the playtest yet, so we'll be starting work on it at the same time all of you see it.

We'll do our best to get you both the playtest material and the remainder of Advanced Class Origins as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
radionausea

Old October 29th, 2014, 01:32 AM
After reading the playtest it looks like you have your hands full. I'm interested in how you're going to implement the medium. Best of luck
radionausea is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
radionausea

Old November 10th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Any idea when the playtest material will be available? It's kind of complicated to build some classes so herolab would be a great help. But I also understand that there are a lot of new mechanics so it will takes a lot of work to code...but any idea when it will be done?
radionausea is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 10th, 2014, 07:45 AM
You're not kidding. The medium was indeed a real handful. I'm hopeful we can get a release with the playtest out sometime this week.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 10th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
You're not kidding. The medium was indeed a real handful. I'm hopeful we can get a release with the playtest out sometime this week.
Yea well even the kintistic was not that easy either and I tried to pick one of the "easier" classes to do.

Was the Medium or Spiritualist the one with a total of 54 spirits and the playtest only covers 18?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 10th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Yeah. Thanks for that, paizo, I appreciate your restraint in this regard!
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 10th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Yeah. Thanks for that, paizo, I appreciate your restraint in this regard!
I agree I had to double check I was reading Paizo stuff and not one of those "Crazy 3PP's".

Actually several threads are running about how "complex" the classes are and how people have to read the class 3-5 times to really get them.

Oh well at least not as bad as "Sacred Geometry". Yea I want to see someone use that one on the "fly" during a game!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
radionausea

Old November 10th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Python scripts exist for sacred geometry!

I don't think the medium is going to be all that complex in the end. Its limited by the Harrow deck in regards to expansion so while there's an initial outlay of 54 spirits it won't be ever expanding unlike 9th level casters and spells. I rarely hear people complaining about how many spells they need to learn! (But I do pity you having to make it and double check those weird *this spirit counts as x attribute in y circumstance* complications)
radionausea is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
shatterjack

Old November 10th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Don't knock Sacred Geometry, it's a very elegant solution to the "I can't finish doing my taxes on the wizard's turn" problem that has always plagued RPG's.
shatterjack is offline   #9 Reply With Quote