Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheMaskedFerret

Old December 10th, 2013, 01:24 PM
PFS Chronicle Sheets often come with boons - Generally situational bonuses, but there can be changes like Race or Spell access, or additional Stat bumps, or custom weapons being available. What would be the best way to add boons into the system to track what you have available?

Maybe when you have a PFS Character and you assign them journal entries, there could be a drop down to select which modules you played to get the experience, and then another screen to customize or select the boons from them?
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 10th, 2013, 01:51 PM
We had plans to support this in the Community Player Pack but the editor that was working on it I guess had real life get in the way. I have not heard anything in months.

I think I have still have a beta version of the boons he had done and I think he was actually looking for a PFS journal to make it valid.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old December 10th, 2013, 03:41 PM
a pfs journal to make it valid?
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 10th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedFerret View Post
a pfs journal to make it valid?
Yep. It looked for specifically named Journals. Maybe he changed that later but I know one version did that. I don't do PFS so its hard for me to know if that made sense or not.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old December 11th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Ok, so it was looking for specific journal entries (the names) and it would add options because the entry?
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Movian

Old December 11th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Right so for PFS every time you play a session you add a journal entry so that you can add your 1 XP (or in the case of a module you would add 3 for your 3 xp).

You can name each journal entry so it makes sense to name the entry as the name of the scenario (This is actualy what I already do for the most part).

Having a system that looks up that list of journal entries and adds the applicable boons would be awesome...

Was this project being done through the built in HL Data editor ? If so i didn't realize it had that much power and will need to look into how to use it so I can do a number of things I would like

(Adding in shadow for shadow dancers - Boons etc).
Movian is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old December 11th, 2013, 06:09 AM
My concern is that if you require them to type in the name of the Scenario, people may type in the name wrong and get frustrated when it does not work.

I was thinking of putting the various Scenarios in the Vanities section as their own separate section. People could select the Scenario as a Vanity, and then the correct boons/availabilities could be added for the character.

That being said, for each individual scenario, you can have a large number of conditions as to what happens. Sometimes you will get a Boon that is only valid for 1 check. There are/were at least 3 modules that bump your stats. And it is possible for a character to have earned none of the entries on the sheet for the Scenario. It can get quite complicated.

That being said, we can start with the simple items and work our way to the most complicated.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 11th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movian View Post
Was this project being done through the built in HL Data editor ? If so i didn't realize it had that much power and will need to look into how to use it so I can do a number of things I would like
ALL the community projects are doing using the HL Editor. This includes the Advanced Race Guide Playtest I did, the Mythic Playtest, and many others that HL was never meant to do. The HL Editor is a totally powerful and amazing tool. If you have the time you can pretty much make it do whatever I want.

In example I have the Paths of War mechanics created and Pathfinder was never meant to have Stances, Maneuvers, and Encounter powers.

So yes you can do all the boons through the Editor.

@TheMaskedFerret maybe he did switch to Vanities at the end. Does not matter as he has been silent for many months. So if people have the time to do this I am happy to try and get it added to the player pack so others can use it.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old December 11th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Can you toss the beta files my way? let me see what he was up to?
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 11th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedFerret View Post
Can you toss the beta files my way? let me see what he was up to?
Sure.... Send me an email to my forum user id at yahoo dot com. I can send you back what I have....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote