Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Frodie

Old April 9th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Ok, before I do the auto-update, I want to post the files here for any issues.

Added, many bug fixes, lots of new material including NMP Modern Magic. He has an updated pdf, he said is coming out this week and the dataset is the updated material.

Let me know if you find anything.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PFRPG_Modern_Path_April_Update.zip (585.3 KB, 5 views)
Frodie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old April 12th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Any bugs or load issues, if not I'll get it in the auto-update tonight.
Frodie is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Chargerman

Old April 20th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Frodie could you please put some kind of warning when you change the data File so drastically, My players are getting very upset at having to rebuild the Characters in the middle of the game because you have changed the data file and they get bootstrap errors when they load causing some to have to rebuild them completely. Could you post some kinda heads up so we don't update or at least don't spent the first 1-2 hours fixing invalid characters.

Thanks

Chargerman
Chargerman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old April 20th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Ok, hum, I thought this update didn't seem to have any load issues or big changes to characters files. Sorry about that. Next update, which will a while from now because I updating the Arcana pdf. I'll post the files here again for a few more days before the auto-update and make a note in the auto-update of any re-builds you may encounter. I don't foresee anything that may require that. Again, my apologies to you and your group.
Frodie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
riu33b

Old April 21st, 2013, 02:17 PM
Frodie, I notice a couple of things missing/not working from the Modern Path Heroes:

1) Ammo shows up in the weapons section even when you configure your hero to NOT show ammo in the weapons section. I figured how to move 17 rounds of 9mm into a magazine, but it would be cool if the guns could also be made into a container so you could actually store a magazine and laser sight in it. Not sure if that is possible. I'd be happy with just the ammo not showing up in the weapons list.

2) Tried to purchase a scope as is listed in the Modern Heroes pdf. Don't see that anywhere.

So far this looks pretty cool. It is a little confusing that Drive Through RPG sells the Modern Heroes pdf and the Arcane Heroes pdf together, but they appear to be at different revisions. The Arcane Heroes pdf still seems to be at revision 1 and doesn't seem to mesh with the revision 2 Modern Heroes PDF (and Herolab dataset). Is this a correct assumption?
riu33b is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old April 21st, 2013, 04:45 PM
Cool, thank you for the bug report and I am just finishing the updated Arcana pdf and I'll get it uploading in a day or so. So all will mesh-up fine. After I get that posted, I'll need to update the Arcana part of the dataset. I'll get those bugs in with the arcana data and post it here before I put it in the auto-update.
Frodie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old April 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
BTW - got done with updated Arcana pdf last night, so you can re-download it from where you got it. I'll start on updating the dataset now, so please let me know of any bugs.
Frodie is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
riu33b

Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:49 PM
I had created a modern hero of the intelligence path, spirit caster, school of evocation. It is a little confusing as to how the character's magic is derived. When under the modern hero tab, and you select "spells", it says "Bonus spells derived from Charisma". No matter what you have your charisma set at , it lists no bonus spells. Since I chose the intelligence path, I would have expected my spells to come from my intelligence. Also no where does it tell you how many spells you are allowed per day. I selected the BOMB spell, which seems pretty straight forward, but the Strike spell never spells out what the damage is, it just says it can vary depending on the energy type.
riu33b is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:08 PM
I agree the spellcrafter material is difficult. One of our other dev made the system and I even have a hard understand what he is talking about, lol.
Anyways, now the arcana pdf is updated I can start on the dataset and the spellcrafter material needs a lot of work.
I'll look and see why the Intelligence path archetype isn't overriding the spell casting attribute.
At the moment the "spellcrafter" spells are under the training abilities. I need to move them over to spells, but I am not sure how to get them to work correctly, (seeing they have no level). I am thinking just make them all "0-level" spells and work from there.
Frodie is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
riu33b

Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks a lot for your help/attention. I really appreciate it.
riu33b is offline   #10 Reply With Quote