Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

whump

Old April 17th, 2014, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
My adjustment addon can do the first part of adding to the name of magic item or completely overriding the name. Changing the "item slot" would make for a good new adjustment to add.
That's a lot of great adjustments.
You seem to know a lot about the editor - would you be able to advise how to be able to add some more text to custom items? Or just how to make the custom item 'name' field larger to allow a little more detail than only a name?

I am not a programmer and have tried to work out how to achieve this in the editor (also using your tutorials) but failed
whump is offline   #501
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 17th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whump View Post
Would you be able to advise how to be able to add some more text to custom items? Or just how to make the custom item 'name' field larger to allow a little more detail than only a name?
The only method I know of is to allow for is a small amount of "Custom Text" that shows up next to the item name. For my players they use it to type in the "ID" number of magic items. I could make an adjustment that would allow that appear for any selected gear or magic item.

Like this:
Noname.jpg

Honestly what I think your looking for is the Journal tab. That is where you are to keep lots of detail notes about your adventures or special campaign items.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #502
pickin_grinnin

Old April 20th, 2014, 01:51 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the addition of more classes, archetypes, feats, etc. that are "legal" in the Pathfinder Society. I don't have time to get involved in an regular ongoing campaign right now, so I'm playing with those folks at the moment.

Speaking of which, is the current data set up to date with the most current set of Pathfinder Society rules? It seems to be, but I just wanted to double-check.
pickin_grinnin is offline   #503
Fuzzy

Old April 24th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickin_grinnin View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing the addition of more classes, archetypes, feats, etc. that are "legal" in the Pathfinder Society. I don't have time to get involved in an regular ongoing campaign right now, so I'm playing with those folks at the moment.

Speaking of which, is the current data set up to date with the most current set of Pathfinder Society rules? It seems to be, but I just wanted to double-check.
I'm pretty sure Hero Lab is considered the 'official' character generator for PFS, so you should be able to assume it is up to date.
Fuzzy is offline   #504
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 24th, 2014, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I'm pretty sure Hero Lab is considered the 'official' character generator for PFS, so you should be able to assume it is up to date.
You should, but there are some things that "have not been implemented yet." Scarred Witch Doctor's Animal Companion ability, e.g.

There are workarounds for most of them . . .
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #505
whump

Old April 28th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Honestly what I think your looking for is the Journal tab.
Many thanks for taking the time to reply! No doubt we will find a way to make it work.
whump is offline   #506
SeeleyOne

Old April 29th, 2014, 05:27 AM
A checkbox in the configure Hero menu for Favored Classes for "All Races".

This would unlock all of the Favored Class options for a particular class, regardless of the character's race.

This is a house rule that is seemingly common for non-HeroLab users, and it also has the added benefit of making it easier to add Favored Class options for preexisting classes for new races.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #507
Hedrik

Old June 7th, 2014, 06:21 PM
I have the same issue with Speed.
Hedrik is offline   #508
Fuzzy

Old June 30th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePaladin View Post
I'd like to add a request to the pile.

When looking at a character's inventory, could we get an option to move everything that is in a container into a nested group under that container? I'd also like to see the ability to collapse those items to reduce the number of items being seen at once.

To use an example, let's say I have a character who has a backpack, three torches, a day's trail rations, a waterskin, a belt pouch, and flint-and-steel. The flint is in the pouch, everything else is in the backpack.

Currently, his list would look something like this:
  • Backpack (Contents: Dry Rations, Torch, Waterskin)
  • Belt Pouch (Contents: Flint and Steel)
  • Dry Rations (» Backpack)
  • Flint and Steel (» Belt Pouch)
  • Torch ×3 (» Backpack)
  • Waterskin (» Backpack)
That's a little hard to read, though. What I'd like to see is something like:
  • Backpack
    • Dry Rations
    • Torch ×3
    • Waterskin
  • Belt Pouch
    • Flint and Steel
Can this be done? Maybe?
I too have really been wanting this. It is great that items can be placed in containers, but it somewhat pointless if that information is not displayed in a useful manner.

Also, while we're talking about the equipment list, would it be possible to have a containers max weight capacity listed as well? Currently, it displays as:
Backpack (7 @ 42.67 lbs.)
and simply turns red when overloaded. I'd love for, if the equipment had a max weight field set, for it to display as:
Backpack (7 @ 42.67/60.00 lbs.)

Something I also did to help with management, is create a Gold Hoard gear item. It is a representation of 100gp. It's set value is 100gp, weighs 2 lbs, and is flagged as a 'valuable item'. This allows me to 'purchase' stacks this gold hoard for full value, as a way to split off a chunk of my wealth. I can then put this stack of 'Gold Hoard' into a custom location (bank, residence, etc). The only 'gotcha' is that you have to make sure when purchasing it to click 'Set' after choosing the quantity to update the purchase price, and have to make sure when selling it again that you sell it for 100%. This would greatly benefit as well from the grouped and nested display of containers and locations.
Fuzzy is offline   #509
Fuzzy

Old June 30th, 2014, 02:32 AM
Also, something I noticed when creating my 'Gold Hoard' item. While the Gear screen in Hero lab lists the Valuables gp value next to the Current Cash at the bottom of the Gear screen, this is NOT listed on the character sheet printout. Currently, the Experience and Wealth section of the character sheet shows:
------------------------------------------
Experience Points: 6310/10000
Current Cash: 317 gp
It would be great if it could be altered to show:
Experience Points: 6310/10000
Total Wealth: 2384 gp
(317 gp cash/1000 gp valuables/1067 gp gear)

Also, the heading at the top of Hero Lab shows:
Wealth: ~317 gp Gear Value: ~2059 gp
(with Valuables grouped in with Gear, even though they are shown on the tooltips for both gear AND wealth).
It would be nice if it showed each group (Cash, Valuables, and Gear Value).

Last edited by Fuzzy; June 30th, 2014 at 02:35 AM.
Fuzzy is offline   #510
Closed Thread