Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

teachwolfie

Old March 27th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Haven't played with the wood elves on AB for any length of time but instantly noticed eternal guard should be core not special. Gonna be looking at a tourny list soon so may find more.

Playing with a moulder themed list for Skaven: when you create a unit of 4 rat ogres with 2 packmasters, then upgrade to a master moulder and master-bred Rat ogre the second packmaster disapears and cannot be reinstated. This also happens with larger units

Wolfie
teachwolfie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
hondor

Old March 27th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachwolfie View Post
Haven't played with the wood elves on AB for any length of time but instantly noticed eternal guard should be core not special. Gonna be looking at a tourny list soon so may find more.

Playing with a moulder themed list for Skaven: when you create a unit of 4 rat ogres with 2 packmasters, then upgrade to a master moulder and master-bred Rat ogre the second packmaster disapears and cannot be reinstated. This also happens with larger units

Wolfie
Master moulder replaces a pack master so if you have a unit of 4 rat ogres and 2 pack masters and purchase a master moulder upgrade it should go down to 1 pack master and 1 master molder (page 104: in Rat Ogre)

Rat ogres are coming up properly in AB now

Last edited by hondor; March 27th, 2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: clarity
hondor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
teachwolfie

Old March 31st, 2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondor View Post
Master moulder replaces a pack master so if you have a unit of 4 rat ogres and 2 pack masters and purchase a master moulder upgrade it should go down to 1 pack master and 1 master molder (page 104: in Rat Ogre)

Rat ogres are coming up properly in AB now
I know there is a max number of packmasters and that they are replaced with master moulders when you select them (this works fine in AB), However, if you then add a "Master Bred" Rat Ogre as well: AB reduces the number of packmasters to zero and doesn't allow you to alter the number.

Try it:
Add 4 Rat Ogres
Increase packmasters to 2
Select "master moulder"
Select "master bred ogre"
Now check out the number of packmasters and try to increase it

If you increase the unit to 6 Rat Ogres you can now add one packmaster, I assume this means that the Master Bred ogres have a link to the packmasters that they shouldn't have.
teachwolfie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Durzod

Old March 31st, 2010, 02:58 PM
Dear teachwolfie,
Unless I'm mistaken, Eternal Guard only become core when you have a Highborn as the General. Just checked AB and this is what happens.
Durzod is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
teachwolfie

Old April 1st, 2010, 01:08 AM
Doh, I consider myself quite good at spotting those little rules, I'd completely missed this one, luckily I don't play them too often .

Given that they are going to be Special more often than not I'm surprised they don't figure in the "special" part of the rule book .
teachwolfie is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 7th, 2010, 03:50 PM
thx for helping guys, i will fix teh skaven thing :~)
robert is offline   #6 Reply With Quote