Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AEIOU

Old January 26th, 2017, 06:23 AM
Submitting bug....

In legacy realm, I created Source tag. It has 25 or so sources. I added Source tag to all categories under Additional Details.

I converted to 5e. I open any category and it displays the correct sources. But if I try to change the Source tag to a different source, the list is blank. If I move the existing source from right to left to deselect it, it is deleted. This Source tag is restricted and does not allow content to be added.

If I Manage Tags, I can see my Source tag and it is fully populated.

If I Manage Categories, and edit the tags, I see two Source tags in the options. If I change the Source from the original one assigned during conversion to the other one, I have full access to all of my sources.

Am I going to have problems with two tags with identical names that did not merge? Or should I rename my Sources?

Report RealmWorks bugs here
Report Pathfinder HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab Community Pack bugs here
AEIOU is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 26th, 2017, 08:19 AM
I also have a Source domain in my legacy realm. When I converted it to PF it reported something about the Source tag being merged into the game specific domain of the same name. There doesn't seem to be a PF domain of that name.

When I check I also have the problem you're having and now I also have 2 Source tag domains. 1 with my tags and 1 empty.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 26th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Sorry that others are experiencing the same thing. I can manually change 2000+ categories with 2-3 instances of the Scope tag in each. After all, that's why god created tequila and loud music. But this could lead to a tequila shortage if there are very many of us....
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 26th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Re-saved. Edited Source tag to Source Material. Converted to 5e. MUCH fewer errors with no problem for my sources.

Interestingly, no Source tag visible.

Edited Source Material to change back to Source and received duplicate name warning. Clicked cancel and it saved it anyways.... No problems at the moment and all sources are working again.

Much easier than changing 2000+ entries for such a silly thing. Always work off of copies....
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2017, 03:29 AM
This was a bug in the conversion that messed up the domain/tag on the snippet type definition in the category. All of the snippets themselves (and the tag assignments) were converted properly. So you simply needed to manually correct the domain/tag on the snippet type and all was good.

The bug itself was fixed a few releases ago...
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old February 17th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Just updated to the latest build .232

Received a message stated I had a duplicate domain 'Source'

I went in to move all of the sources over to the System 'Source' domain which I had placed in an inactive status.

Can't figure out how to do this as the Inactive domains tab is greyed out with no domains under it.

Any thoughts?
Grey Mage is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old February 17th, 2017, 12:16 PM
To get past the initial problem, I had renamed from Source to Source Material. Since then, I've renamed my Source to Reference.

I think the Source will be a reserved field for official release use only. I felt the same as you @Grey Mage and wanted to merge my list with LWD's list. But in the end, this actually works better for me as I often reference multiple versions/editions and Reference is a good name for it.

My bigger issue now is the requirement for each snippet to be unique. I'd set all of my entries up to have two instances of Source with the first being the publisher and the second being the source document. In hindsight, I should have named them differently but once you are 300 entries into it, you've gone too far to turn back. I'm now backing the publisher entry out of over 2000 entries because it really isn't necessary.... It would be nice to sort on tags but I use the same tags for both Source (now Reference) fields.

I figure another week or two of cleanup and I'll be good to go. *sigh*
AEIOU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
SteveT
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 17th, 2017, 04:57 PM
@Grey Mage

We've now fixed the 'Source' domain warning. Once you log in to the server with either build 232 or the new build 233 it should no longer appear for you, and you should be able to do Import, Export, and Game System Conversion in that realm again.
SteveT is offline   #8 Reply With Quote