Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

MNBlockHead

Old January 5th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salcor View Post
I like your layout for RW. Tactics, I think, is a very important block if.you are planning of other GMs to run your adventure. I also use inline statblocks, I would prefer if RW could multi-pane its info so.you could see different information at the same time like statblocks and encounter text.

Salcor
Do have to be careful as the GUI is already heavy with panes, tabs, ribbons, and icons. But for those of us with multiple monitors it would be nice to have the ability to drop and drag various elements so they can be docked where we like them or left as stand alone windows. A lot of software I use now has this ability where you can drag a section from a panel and then blue arrows appear indicating docking options, some offering not only the option to keep as a floating window or docked in a panel to be to be docked as a new tab in a panel. You can also save multiple layouts. So you may have one way you like everything laid out when creating content and another when running a game, you could save and toggle among both.

This is not something that is a priority for me for RW...there are many other things I want to see finished first. But it would be nice to have that kind of flexibility with the layout.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 6th, 2016, 05:26 AM
Extremely well done. Only thing I find questionable is the text info on the encounter mobs when you have the .POR files? Unless this is for peeps with or with out HL? Then it makes more sense.

It is hard to tell from the snippet, but one of my key factors for an encounter topic is flow.

I organize the info not by topic headings (hence created my own topics for this) but by the flow of an encounter. With exception to the .por files, the information is provided in order of:

What GMs need to before PCs approach
What PCs see/need to do to enter area
What GMs need to know before PCs enter
What PCs see in area
What happens right after PCs enter
What GM now need to know/do
Encounter if applicable
What GMs needs to know after encounter
What PCs will find exploring
What GMs need to know about that PCs find

I do my best to have info flow just like this.

this does means sometimes info can be in the topic twice, i.e. the GM snippet for what they need to know before PCs approach may mention trap just inside door. In the Snippets What GMs need to know after the PCS enter, will have all the trap info.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV

Last edited by Exmortis; January 6th, 2016 at 05:31 AM.
Exmortis is offline   #12 Reply With Quote