Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
ruhar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Langley, WA, USA
Posts: 602

Old February 10th, 2020, 11:03 AM
I am not very happy to say the least. Yesterday RW crashed before heading to my game. I figured Iíd check it out when I got there since I was literally packing up to leave. I started RW at the game, opened the realm, and crash. I made several attempts adding in reinstalls, uninstalls, renaming folders, and anything else I can think of short of searching for a virgin. Nothing worked. I had to finally admit defeat and open the module pdf. Ugh! But I muddled through the session. I havenít had a chance to troubleshoot the issue but I was wondering if anyone else has had problems after going back to 253? Going back to 253 allowed me to import a realm I couldnít with 255 but itís not going to help me if 253 crashes all the time.

Iíll keep you updated but wanted to see if others had problems going back to 253.
ruhar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 778

Old February 10th, 2020, 11:10 AM
Maybe you can upgrade to 255 again and avoid imports until (maybe) there will be an update? I think the root course of the crash needs to be found first. Whats the error message (if it is providing any information).
Report the bug. Hopefully someone will look into any crash-issues at least.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,521

Old February 10th, 2020, 07:09 PM
I have been using v253 all along. I declined to upgrade when v254 and HeroLab Classic integration stopped working. I have had no issues with 253 that I had not had off-and-on with older versions (there is an ongoing issue with the graphics driver on my PC stopping).
Silveras is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
ruhar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Langley, WA, USA
Posts: 602

Old February 10th, 2020, 07:58 PM
Update: I uninstalled 253 and reinstalled 254. So far its not giving me any trouble. I will keep a copy of the install for 253 and 254 just in case.

Listen up LWD, aka Rob, I am not happy! I should not have to keep different versions of installs on hand whenever I want to import, export, or just use the program. I tried to be understanding and be your cheerleader before you stopped working on RW. It's time to step up to the plate and make this great program stable or sell it to someone willing to put in the time and money to give us what we expected back with the Kickstarter. Enough said.
ruhar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 172

Old February 13th, 2020, 08:15 AM
I've no no issues with 253 (recently), however if it happens again try "delete local preferences" on the realm that's crashing. Had an issue a while back where a realm would crash trying to load images after importing PF1 Bestiary, and that was how I got back into the realm.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ruhar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Langley, WA, USA
Posts: 602

Old February 16th, 2020, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
I've no no issues with 253 (recently), however if it happens again try "delete local preferences" on the realm that's crashing. Had an issue a while back where a realm would crash trying to load images after importing PF1 Bestiary, and that was how I got back into the realm.
Thanks for the heads up. I hope to not have any more issues, especially when I'm getting ready to start a game session. I'm still spitting mad about Rob's decision for Realm Works.
ruhar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 172

Old February 17th, 2020, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I hope to not have any more issues, especially when I'm getting ready to start a game session. I'm still spitting mad about Rob's decision for Realm Works.
Me too. If I had to choose between never using one or the other, I'd drop HL without a second thought.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Raistlindantilus
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 54

Old February 18th, 2020, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Update: I uninstalled 253 and reinstalled 254. So far its not giving me any trouble. I will keep a copy of the install for 253 and 254 just in case.

Listen up LWD, aka Rob, I am not happy! I should not have to keep different versions of installs on hand whenever I want to import, export, or just use the program. I tried to be understanding and be your cheerleader before you stopped working on RW. It's time to step up to the plate and make this great program stable or sell it to someone willing to put in the time and money to give us what we expected back with the Kickstarter. Enough said.
Yeah ending development on Realm Works is and was an awful decision.

Sure, let's focus on HLO which doesn't even support PF1 yet and who knows, it may never.

Some terrible decisions have been made lately.
Raistlindantilus is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lexin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: London, UK
Posts: 216
Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old February 27th, 2020, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
If I had to choose between never using one or the other, I'd drop HL without a second thought.
I would have to think hard, but on the whole, so would I. Rolling up characters is parsecs less trouble than maintaining a paper version of a campaign.

And though I'm playing with Yarps (I'm a kickstarter backer of theirs) it's still not currently anywhere near as good as Realm Works.

--
Lexin

GM from London - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 172

Old February 27th, 2020, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
I would have to think hard, but on the whole, so would I. Rolling up characters is parsecs less trouble than maintaining a paper version of a campaign.

And though I'm playing with Yarps (I'm a kickstarter backer of theirs) it's still not currently anywhere near as good as Realm Works.
I came close to backing it, but what I've seen so far wouldn't be able to accomplish how I use RW. I'm sure I'll revisit at some point, but I've put a ton of work into putting data from Paizo PDF's into RW that I don't want to do again lol.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.