Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

DarkHost

Old March 17th, 2006, 11:46 AM
I have set my default Output view to display seven column groups, however, when I look at the print preview, only one column group appears.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

-DH
DarkHost is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DarkHost

Old March 17th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I did not realize that one had to adjust the output view in AB in order for the .def file specified output view to be displayed. So there is one problem down.

-DH
DarkHost is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 20th, 2006, 04:28 AM
That's not the solution. AB remembers what you last set the view to be. Once you configure things in the definition file, you then need to go into the View mechanism for the output view and force it to be Reset. This will cause AB to reload the settings from the definition file. The definition file only provides defaults that apply when the data files are first loaded. After that, the last used settings are active, so any changes to the definition file are ignored until you use Reset.

-Rob

At 02:01 PM 3/17/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
I did not realize that one had to adjust the output view in AB in order for the .def file specified output view to be displayed. So there is one problem down.

-DH
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DarkHost

Old March 20th, 2006, 08:48 AM
I guess I am just clueless about how to reset the output view.

I have searched the AB Authoring Kit for the term "reset" and found the following (see below) on p.224. I have located the "Reset" button in the "Specify Display Columns and Sequences of Information for the Force List" dialogue box. However, the only views that are selectable are "Available View" and "Roster View".

I have checked the .def file (by opening the file in ABC and making sure the Output? box is checked for the appropriate view, and by opening the file and examining the XML code: <view id="output" name="Output View" output="yes">) and verifed that a view has been defined as the default output view.

-Don

from p.224 of ab_kit.pdf....

By default, Army Builder will always save the last-used settings and restore them when you next load the game system. This means that you can change the defaults to whatever you want, and Army Builder will not automatically show the results to you. Once you change the defaults in your definition file, you'll need to force Army Builder to re-load those defaults. This is accomplished by going into the appropriate mechanism (View, Filter, or Sort) and clicking on the "Reset" button. Triggering a reset will force the defaults to be re-loaded from the most recently compiled data files, showing you exactly what the user will see when he first loads your data files.
DarkHost is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DarkHost

Old March 20th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Ok. So I made a copy of the Minimal Army files, created a Tag Group (Special) with a Tag (CrkSht), and assigned the Tag to the unit in the .dat file. Then I added the Tag Group to the default output view in the info groups column. And sure enough when I print the roster the text "Special Abilities: Crack Shot" appear in the box under the unit stats.

However, when I create a new unit in my Dark Age files and generate and print a roster with it, I get the text "Option Summary:"

So apparently (for some reason unknown to me) something is overiding the default output view. Anyone have any ideas as to where I am going wrong?
DarkHost is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 20th, 2006, 12:03 PM
You can only access the output view when you are actually generating output. So try to *PRINT* your roster. Then click on the View button and you'll be able to access the output view. You'll also note that the screen views are not accessible from here, since they only apply whne you are working within the screen.

-Rob

At 09:48 AM 3/20/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
I guess I am just clueless about how to reset the output view.

I have searched the AB Authoring Kit for the term "reset" and found the following (see below) on p.224. I have located the "Reset" button in the "Specify Display Columns and Sequences of Information for the Force List" dialogue box. However, the only views that are selectable are "Available View" and "Roster View".

I have checked the .def file (by opening the file in ABC and making sure the Output? box is checked for the appropriate view, and by opening the file and examining the XML code: <view id="output" name="Output View" output="yes">) and verifed that a view has been defined as the default output view.

-Don

from p.224 of ab_kit.pdf....

By default, Army Builder will always save the last-used settings and restore them when you next load the game system. This means that you can change the defaults to whatever you want, and Army Builder will not automatically show the results to you. Once you change the defaults in your definition file, you'll need to force Army Builder to re-load those defaults. This is accomplished by going into the appropriate mechanism (View, Filter, or Sort) and clicking on the "Reset" button. Triggering a reset will force the defaults to be re-loaded from the most recently compiled data files, showing you exactly what the user will see when he first loads your data files.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DarkHost

Old March 20th, 2006, 02:43 PM
DOH!!!!!

I knew it had to be something dead simple that I was overlooking.
DarkHost is offline   #7 Reply With Quote