Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

dungeonguru

Old September 14th, 2018, 12:36 PM
That's a really tough question to tackle. Here is how I might try to start it.

You can look at Arcane Archer (I think its in the Xanathar's file from the community) to see how to set up a quaternary (4th) ability table to hold the domains. I would go ahead and use the 4th table because it *should* be free for usage.

I would then make copies of the domains and change the class available to your class and the Ability Table? dropdown to Quaternary on each of them.

That would be a start, because the other issue is going to be that each of the domain spells is bootstrapped with the tag "SpellType.cHelpClr" and you're going to have to step through each of your domain copies and edit the the bootstrapped domain spells and add or swap in "SpellType.XXX" where the XXX is the helper for your class, cHelpWiz might work since it uses the wizards spell table but I wouldn't guarantee it.

Then you'll have to do a bunch of testing and checking on each of the domain abilities that are bootstrapped in, some of the calculations might get thrown off because a domain is added to a cleric at level 1 and all the scripts might have a little variances.
dungeonguru is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
OldDNDer

Old September 14th, 2018, 07:07 PM
Alright, I got it working. Happily, I only needed to do one domain.

Next question, I promise that I'm getting close to the end of my project so the questions should slow down and/or stop soon. Anyway, next question is how can I take the players CHA bonus and feed it into a bonus to all saving throws? I can figure out how to boost the saving throw by a static amount, for example +2. My problem is trying to grab the current CHA modifier and assign it as the bonus but only if it is a positive value.
OldDNDer is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 15th, 2018, 06:47 AM
I think that one is as simple as:

#applybonus[Bonus, hero.child[svAll], (maximum(0, #attrmod[aCHA])]

this adds either 0 or a positive modifier from charisma. 0 is always greater than -1...
dungeonguru is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
OldDNDer

Old September 15th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Man, I was going about it in totally the wrong way. I was trying to call for the CHA in one line and assign it to the bonus in another. No wonder I couldn't figure out what was going on. Thank you again. You might be getting tired of hearing it, but I sure do appreciate the help.
OldDNDer is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
OldDNDer

Old September 15th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Edit: hmm, I copied and pasted it just as you have it and I am getting an error:

Code:
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'csDLDivGrace' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
 -> Incorrect parameter count for macro reference in script
I have it on Per-Attributes, 10000
OldDNDer is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 16th, 2018, 07:00 AM
Hmm,

I'm thinking a ) or ] is off or I just don't remember how the #applybonus needs parameters sent in.

The manual way to calculate it without nesting macros and having less nested () or [] characters would be:

hero.child[svAll].field[Bonus].value += maximum(0,#attrmod[aCHA])

I know this code works. I'll have to test the #applybonus and see what I screwed up.

You probably want to move it to post-attributes - several magic items that change the modifier might occur after you run your script, so you'll only be picking up the base modifier.
dungeonguru is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
OldDNDer

Old September 16th, 2018, 07:52 AM
Yeap, that there did the trick and it looks a lot closer to how I envisioned the script would be. The difference being I thought it would take two separate lines. Ah, so much to learn...
OldDNDer is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 25th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Hey, seems like you're adapting Dragonlance stuff to 5th edition. Are you homebrewing the rules for that, or pulling them from somewhere? I'm an old fan of the setting as well, so I wouldn't mind looking at how they are adapting to the latest edition (though I don't actually play 5th myself).
Aaron is offline   #28 Reply With Quote