Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Is this list of partners supplying a RW compatible versions of their product?
Or is LWD going to build such with their already overstretched resources?
Since it appears that not one of the postings linked make any reference to compatibility or preview what their product would look like with a RW format flavor it seems a reasonable question.

DLG
For the content we announced in the Kickstarter, we have a dedicated Content Entry team creating that material for Realm Works. Many of the books are already completed or are in the final editing stages, and just require the Content Market to be completed before we deliver them to Kickstarter backers and make them available for sale.

We anticipate that publishers in the future may create their own work in Realm Works, as some publishers create their own data files for Hero Lab. Currently, though, we're creating the content. However, I want to make it clear that the creation of this content is not done by members of the development team.
liz is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 27th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
If I were a game developer, I would be hesitant to advertise my content as being available in a market that is not yet released. I don't read more than that into the lack of cross-links and mentions. It really isn't worth the effort and money to edit a webpage or advertise a venue that they can't make money from yet.

I would expect that once the CM is up and you can finally BUY this content, the developers would be incented to advertise this fact.
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with your appraisal, but even a snipit of "Coming soon" Love would have been nice, and wouldn't require much to the modifications your speaking of.... Its just looking at the collection of partners, LWD is the only one forecasting those relationships...

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
For the content we announced in the Kickstarter, we have a dedicated Content Entry team creating that material for Realm Works. Many of the books are already completed or are in the final editing stages, and just require the Content Market to be completed before we deliver them to Kickstarter backers and make them available for sale.

We anticipate that publishers in the future may create their own work in Realm Works, as some publishers create their own data files for Hero Lab. Currently, though, we're creating the content. However, I want to make it clear that the creation of this content is not done by members of the development team.
Good to hear, and BIG thanks for lifting the fog on who would be handling what... and for the rapid response

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 27th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with your appraisal, but even a snipit of "Coming soon" Love would have been nice, and wouldn't require much to the modifications your speaking of.... Its just looking at the collection of partners, LWD is the only one forecasting those relationships...
To be clear, we have a written agreement between Lone Wolf Development and the companies behind this content. While I believe there is a company or two that has it on their website that a particular work will be in Realm Works, I think @MNBlockHead is spot on. It's worth it for publishers to wait until it's available for sale to advertise their content as available in Realm Works. In marketing it's often best to announce/advertise something when there's something actionable for the customer to do (in their ideal world - when someone can buy their content in Realm Works).
liz is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 28th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
............I think @MNBlockHead is spot on. It's worth it for publishers to wait until it's available for sale to advertise their content as available in Realm Works. In marketing it's often best to announce/advertise something when there's something actionable for the customer to do (in their ideal world - when someone can buy their content in Realm Works).
Point taken... just trying to generate some RW love outside the small slice of WWW that the LWD forum occupies. My thought there being, many frequent other sites both as consumers and as producers (I'm certain of this as I have seen your moniker and Robs on other site forums so its reasonable to assume that other producers might do the same and spelunk here). Surely those "partners" might read such and at least develop a dialog within their own slice of the WWW asking their collective fan bases what / how they would find their product useful in a RW format.

DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #14 Reply With Quote