Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 11th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolthemighty View Post
I actually didn't have 1001 Spells but another Rites product that came with files. I was simply able to go in and delete the .1st file which cleared up the error. The new RP source was conflicting with the existing one.
The .1st files contain the XML information that is displayed in the "Configure Your Hero" window. They must have bundled the exact same Source ID's into the CORE of HL now. So in this case by removing the .1st file it will allow Things to load correctly as their will be only ONE set of "Unique IDs" instead of two.

If you purchase the product later through LW you will also have to remove the .user files as I would "assume" they have the same "Unique ID" for say feats and stuff also.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old September 11th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwilion View Post
Hi,

I am Steven D. Russell, head of Rite Publishing.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you, its my fault.

If you have bought 1001 Spells specifically for the Hero Lab files and feel cheated by this change, I would ask that you contact me via Steve@RitePublishing.com so we can see what we can do about a potential refund.

Lone Wolf Development has nothing to do with this error, it is entirely my fault. The original files were developed by a fan, we approached LWD at the time and asked if we could sell through them they said no as they were not set up to do so at that time. So I set up the file as a complimentary downlaod for anyone who bought the PDF or Print product.

This has now changed and I made the call to go ahead with selling the files through Hero Lab, I delete the files from the product. The incompatibility for those who have the existing files was not something I originally expected.

As my email to all customers who had this we may correct that in a further update, but that will require me paying someone to code it as Rite Publishing is a one man micro-press that hires freelancers.

The money I would use to do this will be made from the Sale of products like 1001 Spells and the forthcoming Heroes of the Jade Oath hero lab files, which were developed by a unpaid intern who has since graduated.

Again my apologies, and thank you for your time.

Steven D. Russell
Rite Publishing
I didn't know about this until now. Thank you for letting me know. It does now make sense. I will just go ahead and buy the download. I originally bought 1001 Spells since it did include the HL files and I would not have purchased it if it didn't since it would not have been as useful.
Dwayne is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Qwilion

Old September 11th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Thank you Dwayne we appreciate it.

Steve "Qwilion" Russell
Rite Publishing
Qwilion is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Phantom Stranger

Old September 12th, 2013, 03:46 PM
I'm having an issue where after deleting the old files and updating with the new files, all my existing portfolios fill ever spellcaster's spells with the entire book. It's a greyed out list.

I've attached a screen print
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Errors.jpg (246.8 KB, 11 views)
Phantom Stranger is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old September 12th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Hmm that is an odd one. Maybe someone else has seen it. Have you tried changing something and resaving?
AndrewD2 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Phantom Stranger

Old September 12th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Hmm that is an odd one. Maybe someone else has seen it. Have you tried changing something and resaving?
Yeah. It only happens on portfolios created before the file swap.
Phantom Stranger is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 12th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger View Post
Yeah. It only happens on portfolios created before the file swap.
This is the key piece of information in this bug - we had the same trouble once when we found we had made a mistake in the details of a spell.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when you add spells that could be in a wizard/alchemist/witch/magus's spellbook (even if this character isn't a wizard/alchemist/witch/magus), and then change some piece of information that makes those spells not eligible for those spellbooks anymore. Hero Lab doesn't know what to do with them anymore.
Mathias is online now   #17 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old September 12th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Is this something I'll need to fix or are you saying it's just the nature of Hero Lab?
AndrewD2 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote