Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

brewdus

Old March 6th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Is it safe to assume this is going straight to Herolab Online, if you guys keep up with the license (which I'm hoping you do)?
brewdus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 6th, 2018, 04:21 PM
Such decisions are above my pay grade, so I can't speculate. I am pretty excited about 2nd edition though!
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 6th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewdus View Post
Is it safe to assume this is going straight to Herolab Online, if you guys keep up with the license (which I'm hoping you do)?
I would go with yes it will be HLO only. If it turns out different great but it would be hard to imagine the new shining 2.0 game NOT getting built in the new shining HLO software.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old March 6th, 2018, 10:06 PM
I'm worried about the potential negative affect to LWD's bottom line until 2.0 is out. I probably won't be buying any more data packs for HL, except maybe the adventure path packs. Same for RW, AP data packs only more than likely, until 2.0 is out.

I subscribe to the AP, Pawns and PFRPG at Paizo, probably will cancel the PFRPG one.
Toblakai is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old March 7th, 2018, 07:39 AM
From my cursory reading of the tidbits that they posted yesterday the character generation is going to GREATLY change, which is definitely where HL is going to have a leg-up on PCGen.

I can't say that I like how they are handling the npc's, where it's just kinda "make what you want". I prefer something more structured for all sides.

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylanfs (or Nylan)

Hero Lab Shadowrun 4E & 5e user
nylanfs is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
darkops

Old March 7th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Can we please not bring 2nd edition into HLO. I guarantee I'll use HLO for Pathfinder 2nd Ed. in the same way I did for Starfinder (i.e.,a few times in Beta and then never again). The subscription model is too costly and the functionality isn't there. Most of us NEED the ability to play offline, god forbid I play at any Con, gaming store, or a friends house where internet is not available or temporarily down.
darkops is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 7th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkops View Post
Can we please not bring 2nd edition into HLO. I guarantee I'll use HLO for Pathfinder 2nd Ed. in the same way I did for Starfinder (i.e.,a few times in Beta and then never again). The subscription model is too costly and the functionality isn't there. Most of us NEED the ability to play offline, god forbid I play at any Con, gaming store, or a friends house where internet is not available or temporarily down.
+2 Classic is preferred.
Minous is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old March 7th, 2018, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
+2 Classic is preferred.
-100 Online is preferred.
Toblakai is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old March 7th, 2018, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
-100 Online is preferred.
How about supporting both HLC and HLO?
alientude is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 7th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alientude View Post
How about supporting both HLC and HLO?
The issue currently appears to be some underlying logic. I am saying the following only based on what Ian has said publicly about scripting in HLO. Its also based on what the scripting UI I have done for iPads. This is NOT based on any inside information given to me by LW. Just what I have gathered from reading the forums just like anyone could do.

HL currently has to support three different bits of underling logic to support Classic, iPad and HLO. Until those three merge together into a single bit of tech in the background binary I can't see it worth the money for LW to build something three times. It was hard enough for them to do it two times in HLC and iPad (and its pretty minor for iPad). Three times with HLO/HLC/iPad is not going to happen with such a small staff.

The thing everyone needs to ask for or hope to see is that all of Hero Lab core software function the same across all three platforms (or really two HLO & HLC as I expect to see the iPad get sunsetted). If this can be accomplished then the cost of making PF2 for multiple platforms becomes non-existent. Then LW could easily support all platforms for Starfinder, 5e, PF2, PF1 or other games giving the "choice" onto the gamers preference. With idea that HLC would be more limited in its abilities vs the server based options of HLO.

How and where is LW going exactly? I have no inside information and only time will tell which I think includes how well HLO actually does. Same as for anything speak with your wallets and if enough other people agree than the business will change to match.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote