Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dug

Old October 25th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Hi

Just purchased Hero Lab for 4e.

I finally got the ddidownloader to do its thing and I now have the ddi_*.dat files sitting in the HeroLab\data\4e directory.

When I try load 4e, it says "Compiling Data Files For Game System: Please Wait..."

"The data files could not be loaded due to the following errors:
Cannot create core run-time file: c:\program files (x86)\herolab\Data\4e\core.hlz"

Did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks
Doug
Dug is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 25th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Based on the path shown above, you elected to install Army Builder beneath the "Program Files" folder. So I'm going to guess that you are using a Windows account that does *not* possess Administrator privileges. Unless your account has Administrator privileges, Windows will refuse to let any files be written beneath the "Program Files" folder.

Please try launching Hero Lab with Administrator privileges. You can do this by right-clicking on the shortcut you normally use to launch HL and selecting the "Run as Administrator" option. If this works, the simplest solution is to configure HL to always launch with Administrator privileges. You can do this by right-clicking on the shortcut for HL and selecting Properties. Go to the Compatability tab and check the box next to "Run as Administrator", then save the change. Now HL should always be launched with the appropriate access privileges and the problems should go away.

Hope this helps...
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dug

Old October 25th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Yup that did the trick

Thanks for the quick response
Dug is offline   #3 Reply With Quote