Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Rons

Old June 14th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Does anyone have the saint templAte done already? I'm not very good T building stuff myself in the editor.
Rons is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 15th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Was wondering the same thing... I looked in the User file Exalted Deeds, but no joy there... was considering cannibalizing the Celestial template. and then bootstrapping the feats (which most appear to be in the BoED file), but if the work has been done and placed elsewhere??? not sure.....

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 15th, 2015, 10:37 AM
No one has done it to my knowledge. I will add it to the to-do list, though if someone wants to get it done in the meantime, by all means go ahead.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 15th, 2015, 11:24 AM
I'll give it a go, but seems different members post different ways, would it be best to post link or attach user file? and might be more accessible if included in the next community set?

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; June 15th, 2015 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Clarification
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 15th, 2015, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
I'll give it a go, but seems different members post different ways, would it be best to post link or attach user file? and might be more accessible if included in the next community set?
Yes. If you want to give it a crack, feel free to email me and I will include it in the next release. (sendric [at] gmail [dot] com)
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Rons

Old June 15th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Might be some help if your trying to do it. I don't understand this stuff.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ighlight=saint
Rons is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 16th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rons View Post
Might be some help if your trying to do it. I don't understand this stuff.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ighlight=saint
Rons and any following along,

I am certainly no Shadow, Sendric, RavenX, Toby, nor Aaron, I know just enough to be DANGEROUS hehe....
Yes the thread, though old, was still helpful.

I'm currently working through about 5 things simultaneously (my left brained engineering mentality cant help but multi-task at times so I hop around abit)

The Template is about 70% complete. Most of what remains are some ambiguous things inherent to the D20 3.5 ruleset.

For example:
the damage reduction described on p186 of the BoED shows
4-7 HD having a 5/magic reduction but the template can't be applied till 6th lvl? hummm IT further adds to 8-11HD 5/evil and again 12+HD 10/evil.

My interpretation is going to be (and may prove incorrect)
The 5/magic reduction gained at 6th level (or 6HD) will remain and not increase, unlike the 5/evil reduction received at 8HD (8th level) where it will then increase to 10/evil. So the end result at level 12 and beyond would be 5/magic & 10/evil. And to top it, IF the character already has Damage Reduction I need to figure out how HL manages that.

Holy Touch will have to be added, but not within HL (that I can tell) since it is not a constant adjustment but dependent on what the opponent is.

I am going to attempt to put the Protective Aura pieces in the Adjust Tab as check boxes, but since there is a cast equal to level I have to see how to manipulate that. IF successful I might be able to also put Holy touch there as well.

In reverse order,
The Abilities Mod is complete
The Tongues (SU) is complete
The Resistances are complete
The Keen Vision is complete
The immunities are complete
The Fast Heal is mostly complete, but I feel there is a need to put some sort of Eval Script to look for other instances, and not sure how to go about that.

Lastly,
the pre-qualifiers and how to manage them? IMC I decide what templates come available via the startup checkboxes utilizing user files. But in this case it may be more to Shadow's liking that there are "gates" that confirm those qualifications and display as validation errors if they do not. I am pretty weak in that part of the script writing (since I manage it outside of the HL world).

Things that would fall into this category would be:
• Must be of good alignment >This is fairly easy to do
• Must have at least three exalted feats >No clue how to do since there seems no apparent detail that defines "exalted feats" separate from the other feats
• Must never have lost the benefit of exalted feats or class abilities because of committing an evil act, even if the character properly atoned >This is DM domain determined
• Must at all times behave in a way the DM considers to be exemplary of the exalted path described in this book>This is DM domain determined
• Must be at least 6th level>I have a pretty good Idea on how this part works
• Must make an extraordinary sacrifice (not necessarily his or her life) for the good of another.>This is DM domain determined

(taken from BoED p29)

So if I had to guess on a timeline to complete... next week possibly IF the unknowns are not beyond my learning curve.

DLG

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; June 17th, 2015 at 03:41 AM.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Greylin

Old June 23rd, 2016, 08:25 AM
Found Templates under Races - disregard this question. Leaving up in case helpful to others.

--snip--

Want to potentially adjust Saint template for our campaign. How do I unhide Templates in the Editor? I can't find any option to show them, so in BoED.user am only seeing 4 classes, and not the Saint template (though I can select it for a character in the game file.

With best regards,

John / Greylin

Last edited by Greylin; June 24th, 2016 at 02:13 AM. Reason: answered own question
Greylin is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 27th, 2016, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylin View Post
Found Templates under Races - disregard this question. Leaving up in case helpful to others.

--snip--

Want to potentially adjust Saint template for our campaign. How do I unhide Templates in the Editor? I can't find any option to show them, so in BoED.user am only seeing 4 classes, and not the Saint template (though I can select it for a character in the game file.

With best regards,

John / Greylin
Templates are found in the Race tab of the editor.
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Greylin

Old June 28th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Thank you - silly me!
Greylin is offline   #10 Reply With Quote