Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

djwilson2

Old October 10th, 2016, 06:25 AM
I am curious if there is a way to implement changing monetary labels as a optional rule?
I am in a game where money operates the same (decimal based) but the labels are different.
1 tael (PP) = 10 mace (GP) = 100 candareens (SP) = 1000 li (CP).

All I am seeking to do is to change the label (not the underlining logic) of the currency. I found while looking at the editor that under *Procedure there are some 'money' related files that seem to set the labels but I am so far unable to have these files supplant the integrated files within the Herolab system.

I have modified the tMoney, tMoneyLbl and tMoneySumm files but again I have not found out how to point Herolab to using them.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
djwilson2 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 10th, 2016, 07:49 AM
First, you should probably never modify existing files in the editor; you risk breaking the system if you make a typo and can't find it later. Also, if you modified core files, they will be replaced (I think) when you next update.

When working with the editor, you should (generally) always create a new file and use it to make your changes.

I say "generally" because if you are modifying 3rd party files, that can be safer. You still run the risk of breaking what is already there, but it is less likely that you will damage something in the core. Depending upon which ones you modified, though, the modifications may well be undone if they are updated by the original author.

Now, the specific case...

Money is handled in HeroLab abstractly. Recently, the Community Pack added gear items for "Silver Piece", "Gold Piece", etc. You could use the Editor to make copies of those items in a new file of your own, named as you like for your setting/world. They will then appear in the Gear listings.

HeroLab will still show all operations as being based on gold, silver, copper, and platinum.. but the gear on your character will show mace, candareens, li, and tael if you go this route. You cannot "spend" or "earn" the money as these Gear items.. you would need to buy them using the regular gp wealth, and in order to spend them, you would still have to sell them for gp, sp, cp, and pp first.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote