Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Paragon

Old March 28th, 2015, 01:32 PM
I could probably figure this out by trial and error, but does anybody know how much of the stuff in the Scholar edge is required if you have an Edge that adds +2 to a Knowledge of choice? Its kind of a busy edge, and I'd rather not copy over more than is necessary to the one I'm constructing.
Paragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old March 28th, 2015, 06:33 PM
If you mean an edge that gives +2 to one skill that you choose, about 75% of it. Just make a copy and cut out references the second choice.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 29th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Its a little more complicated than that--its one specific Knowledge skill that the player chooses. Scholar obviously does that, but it does it with two of them, and the data associated with the Edge is kind of busy so I didn't want to just clone it all and cut it down without some idea of what was doing what there.
Paragon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 1st, 2015, 07:28 AM
It turns out it wasn't that complicated once I ported Scholar and looked at it; the "search for a Knowledge at dx" code didn't seem to work quite right, but since the Edge had a prerequisite of a specific Knowledge at a D6 or better, which I glommed the code chunk from the code thread to do, it didn't matter.
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote