Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

LimpingNinja

Old March 12th, 2019, 11:33 PM
I see that there are a few posts about upcoming management tools (sharing between players, view of players in campaign, etc.) but as someone who uses another online site for my 5E campaigns I was wondering and did some searching.

I'd ask about content sharing (GM->PlayersInACampaign) but I think below actually would hit that use case.

Sharing character sheets (essentially ends up like the above) for users in a campaign. I saw a thread early 2018 where Ian had said "We don't have the details pinned down yet, but we have some future improvements in mind with being able to publicly share a character with other people in a non-editable mode. This is part of why all characters have a unique URL already, even though so far you only have access to your own characters."

Has there been any thought-progress related to this that could be shared as part of upcoming releases for group/campaign/managed play?
LimpingNinja is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old March 13th, 2019, 05:08 AM
If you're referring to Hero Lab Online allowing GMs and players to view characters in a campaign, that's going to be part of the Campaigns/Encounters/Tactical Console initial rollout that we're working on now. We hope to have it ready come Spring. Is that what you were wanting to know specifically?
Rone is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LimpingNinja

Old March 13th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone View Post
If you're referring to Hero Lab Online allowing GMs and players to view characters in a campaign, that's going to be part of the Campaigns/Encounters/Tactical Console initial rollout that we're working on now. We hope to have it ready come Spring. Is that what you were wanting to know specifically?
I think so, let me be more specific. At the current time HLO requires an account and content purchase for players. Having campaigns is great, it pulls everything together, but the thread that I referenced was referring to having the ability to 'share' the character sheet or even the 'campaign' with someone as a 'guest'. This or similar solutions is more what I'm thinking about.

Multi-play guests, small multi-sessions with a new group, etc. The comment Ian had made was that you guys were exploring the option of having a public/guest accessible link to view/edit a character (or view a campaign?) to make those scenarios easier. As a GM I definitely find it easier to manipulate multiple characters in an online tool, I do this for 5E and have a tab per character. When looking at other solutions, license/player sheet sharing is easily one of the value-adds.

Does that make more sense?

-LimpingNinja
LimpingNinja is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 19th, 2019, 07:36 AM
These are things we are currently exploring for future updates, but we don't have any public info to release at this time. Our hope is to provide an in-depth user interface that allows a variety of GM2P and P2P interactions.
BJ is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ap0th1x

Old March 28th, 2019, 05:30 AM
Someone said there are tools for building encounters and NPCs, is that what Rone was referring to in his comment/message above, and is not currently released yet?
Ap0th1x is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old March 28th, 2019, 09:24 AM
Correct, Ap0th1x! Hero Lab Online will have an Encounter Builder.

Hero Lab Classic already has an Encounter Builder.
Rone is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ap0th1x

Old March 28th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone View Post
Correct, Ap0th1x! Hero Lab Online will have an Encounter Builder.

Hero Lab Classic already has an Encounter Builder.
Thanks for the update Rone
Ap0th1x is offline   #7 Reply With Quote