Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bodrin

Old August 5th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
My reading is that it does replace the racial traits. From near the end of the spell's description text:

"The reincarnated creature gains all abilities associated with its new form, including forms of movement and speeds, natural armor, natural attacks, extraordinary abilities, and the like, but it doesn't automatically speak the language of the new form."
+1 to this statement.

And Aaron, I am a hard ass DM, my players took 6 weeks (real time) to cover a 100 foot distance to a temple in my Age of Worms campaign. (Eviscerator Beetles) Ahhh Spire of Long Shadows how they abhor thee.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community

Last edited by bodrin; August 5th, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
bodrin is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
mxyzplk

Old August 5th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Yes, our interpretation is that he should lose human racial traits and gain orcish ones (darkvision, ferocity), except with some more complicated stat math and not losing feats/skill points.
mxyzplk is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old August 6th, 2013, 04:09 AM
The way I play it is that the character gains the new race's physical abilities, but retains the previous race's mental ones. This requires a little more fiddling around; ShadowChemosh's adjustments come in handy for this, esp. Racial Ability: Disable.
Lord Magus is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 6th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
That's why you should be a hard-ass DM like me and just ban Rezzing outright. Dead is Dead in my game.
I am gearing up to run a Pathfinder Ravenloft game. So rezzing will be fun....for me...
dartnet is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 6th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Ah, Ravenloft!

Ressurection is like a box of chocolates.
Aaron is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 6th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Ah, Ravenloft!

Ressurection is like a box of chocolates.
Aaron I will send you a copy of the data file when I am done.
dartnet is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old August 6th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Ah, Ravenloft would be very cool!
Frodie is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old November 23rd, 2014, 07:00 AM
Reincarnating the thread... So we had a half-orc die last night, and are contemplating reincarnation (we actually found a scroll of reincarnate on a druid that we killed in the same battle, so we feel we have to give it a shot. First issue - no druid in our group, on a remote island away from civilization.. wouldn't be able to get back to find someone to perform it within the 1 week time limit.

So first step is someone has to try use magic device to get the scroll to work.. hopefully it does.

But IF if does, I've gotta figure out what to do with it as far as hero lab. The odds of him coming back as a half-orc are not very high (10%), so I should be ready to set up the race change. The way I understand Reincarnate, anything having to do with knowledge and the mind stays, anything having to do with the body goes. The skills, languages, classes/xp, etc, are easy, i can tweak them as necessary if the race changes what Hero Lab thinks they should have.

Racial traits, on the other hand, need to be considered. individually.
Darkvision is physical, so it should go away
Orc blood, physical, gone.
Orcish Weapon Familiarity is knowledge, should stay
Intimidating, according to the flavor on the trait, is 'due to their ferocious nature', so it is actually behavioral, not physical, so it should stay.
Sacred Tattoo (which he took instead of Orc Ferocity) is an odd one. Its a mental/spiritual effect, manifested by a physical alteration to his body - I think this should go away, unless he tattoos his new form - which might be fun with a halfling with an orcish facial tattoo... He actually even has 4 ranks in Craft (tattoo), so this seems like a guaranteed thing.

Regarding how to do these in Hero Lab, I'm thinking I may make a custom ART for whatever new race he gets, and have it replace mental traits from the new race, and bootstrap in the physical ones from the old.

Last edited by Fuzzy; November 23rd, 2014 at 07:02 AM.
Fuzzy is offline   #18 Reply With Quote