Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mxyzplk

Old July 31st, 2013, 05:11 PM
Hey, I just got the Razor Coast Hero Lab files and love that they exist - I'll be honest, I refuse to run anything PF over like E6-level if I don't have Hero Lab to use; it just removes so much of the time waste from GMing. I just got the download link for the RC files.

However, I noticed it's a zip with subsequent update URL - how would I consume this on my iPad? Is there not an option to just download it from the update URL straight like normal Wolf's Lair (and ShadowChemosh's Community) files?

Thanks,
Ernest

Last edited by mxyzplk; July 31st, 2013 at 05:17 PM.
mxyzplk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 31st, 2013, 06:57 PM
From what I saw and know the RC files are in a .hl file called "FGG_Razor_Coast_V1.0.hl". This file can be loaded onto the iPad actually in several methods:

1) Use iTunes to move it over to the iPad.
2) Email the file over to yourself and then click on the file and tell it to open with the HL app.
3) Use something like Dropbox or other cloud software to get the file down to the iPad. Once downloaded you can have the HL app open the file and it will do the import.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mxyzplk

Old July 31st, 2013, 07:31 PM
I had put a Karikanti in a .por file. Moved it to the iPad via Dropbox, no love, all busted. The gnome with Disciple of Dajobas on him worked, but the Karikanti is all 10's etc.

So I put the .hl file in Dropbox, opened it in Hero Lab Play after already adding the update source, it shows up under the updates screen as an Installed Update. I installed it. Seems like it took, it appears under Installed Updates as "FGG Razor Coast" right above the "FGG Pathfinder Content" that the update URL added.

The .por, I open it again, Karikanti still borked. I delete it and reopen from Dropbox, still nothing. I finally went and updated it on the source machine, reopened a new version, and it works, thanks!

Only one wrinkle; I get a popup on the iPad when I open the .por about "critical information not found in data files" CB - Paizo, Community Bestiary, CB - Heart of the Jungle, CB - Into the Darklands. All I have loaded is Pathfinder, Community Player Pack, ShadowChemosh's Adjustments, FGG Razor Coast and FGG Pathfinder Content, all newest. (Not the Community Bestiary, not on the iPad or the PC I'm mastering from.) I reinstalled Community Player Pack on the iPad but that didn't help.
mxyzplk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old July 31st, 2013, 07:34 PM
Step 1. Open Hero Lab on iPad
Step 2. If you're on the page displaying PC's, click View Updates in upper right corner.
Step 3. From Updates page, select button 'Add New Update Source'
Step 4. Type in http:// address in PDF that came in: Secondary_Update_URL_Setup_FGG_Pathfinder_Content_ 2013.07.30.pdf
Step 5. Click button 'Add Updates URL' (after typing it in of course)
There's an extra step or two after this to actually get the update installed, you'll figure it out.

Once that's done, then import the HL files included in the zip file.

No need to load the .hl files, they're GM files. I don't believe they're needed on the iPad, since it's PC's only.

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter

Last edited by BoomerET; July 31st, 2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Wrong
BoomerET is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mxyzplk

Old July 31st, 2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
Step 1. Open Hero Lab on iPad
Step 2. If you're on the page displaying PC's, click View Updates in upper right corner.
Step 3. From Updates page, select button 'Add New Update Source'
Step 4. Type in http:// address in PDF that came in: Secondary_Update_URL_Setup_FGG_Pathfinder_Content_ 2013.07.30.pdf
Step 5. Click button 'Add Updates URL' (after typing it in of course)
There's an extra step or two after this to actually get the update installed, you'll figure it out.

Once that's done, then import the HL files included in the zip file.
Yeah, did that already, thanks, sorry if that wasn't clear. Now it's working except for what I said in my previous post.
mxyzplk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old July 31st, 2013, 07:47 PM
Sorry. I been responding to e-mails all night, and haven't been here in a couple of hours. Thank you Shadow and BoomerET for helping him. I will be honest, I have not dealt with the iPad stuff, so i really appreciate the help.

mxyzplk...which .por file are you trying to open? One that you created using the RC stuff, or something else? What exactly is the message you are getting? You should be able to right click the error message and copy/paste it for us to see. (Think that works on the iPad.)

Umarian
Deep Cave Frog
Umarian is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
mxyzplk

Old July 31st, 2013, 08:03 PM
I created a new .por file on my PC with a gnomish Disciple of Dajobas and then also a Karikanti in it. Have moving it to the iPad all working now (thanks guys!) except for the popup error about:

"critical information not found in data files" CB - Paizo, Community Bestiary, CB - Heart of the Jungle, CB - Into the Darklands.

(Sorry, can't cut and paste from my iPad to this, but that's the gist of it). Seems to be working, the errors are more annoying than anything. I don't see anything obviously wrong or not working. All I have loaded on the iPad in terms of updates is Pathfinder, Community Player Pack, ShadowChemosh's Adjustments, FGG Razor Coast and FGG Pathfinder Content, all newest. (Just the Community Player Pack, not the Community Bestiary, both on the iPad and the PC I'm mastering from.)

The process is a bit wonky... Is there a way the rest of the content could be delivered via the update URL instead of a .zip file, that's the way it works for the Community stuff and the normal Pathfinder data packs? It would probably get more people working more quickly instead of this two-part scheme.
mxyzplk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 31st, 2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxyzplk View Post
I created a new .por file on my PC with a gnomish Disciple of Dajobas and then also a Karikanti in it. Have moving it to the iPad all working now (thanks guys!) except for the popup error about:

"critical information not found in data files" CB - Paizo, Community Bestiary, CB - Heart of the Jungle, CB - Into the Darklands.
It appears you have the CB loaded on your PC so the iPad is looking for sources that only exist in the CB package. If your actually not using any Thing from that package then it won't affect anything. Other than the HL app will complain about it. I don't think the app has anyway to strip missing sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxyzplk View Post
The process is a bit wonky... Is there a way the rest of the content could be delivered via the update URL instead of a .zip file, that's the way it works for the Community stuff and the normal Pathfinder data packs? It would probably get more people working more quickly instead of this two-part scheme.
Actually no because the RC package is a paid package. If it was given away like the community stuff who would pay for it? Mostly though that is for DM's to buy as the FGG Pathfinder Content is free and has all the player stuff in it.

So the players don't need anything more than the "FGG Pathfinder Content" to play RC. The DM needs the extra paid package as it has all the monsters and templates in it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old July 31st, 2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Actually no because the RC package is a paid package. If it was given away like the community stuff who would pay for it? Mostly though that is for DM's to buy as the FGG Pathfinder Content is free and has all the player stuff in it.

So the players don't need anything more than the "FGG Pathfinder Content" to play RC. The DM needs the extra paid package as it has all the monsters and templates in it.
This is correct. The Frog Gods are providing a lot of material to people for free, but they are a business and have to make money to afford the Deep Cave Frogs. While we work for flies, they do have to get those flies from somewhere!

Umarian
Deep Cave Frog
Umarian is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
mxyzplk

Old August 1st, 2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umarian View Post
This is correct. The Frog Gods are providing a lot of material to people for free, but they are a business and have to make money to afford the Deep Cave Frogs. While we work for flies, they do have to get those flies from somewhere!

Umarian
Deep Cave Frog
Well sure, but I have to pay for a variety of HL data files that I download - Community is free but all the other Pathfinder stuff sure isn't - I don't have to go download zips of it explicitly per box though.
mxyzplk is offline   #10 Reply With Quote