Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 31st, 2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
Tried using DDIdownloader for the 3rd time in 3 days. Still getting the same error (as follows).

Retrying failed downloads...
!!
2 Records were not retrieved from the D&D Compendium,
due to server problems. This issue usually resolves itself
within a few hours - we recommend you wait at least 30 minutes,
then press 'r' to retry the download.

(Do not close this program if you wish to retry - if you do,
all downloading progress will be lost!)

Press `r` to retry the download, or `s` to skip.

I press `r` after waiting several hours and the error continues to repeat itself. Eventually I press `s` to skip and the program will finish downloading some data starting with Deities. After doing that Hero Lab experiences several issues as noted in the New version released - v3.10 thread (see post #12).
This happens when there are bugs in the D&D compendium - in this case, it looks like there are two pages that just won't load. The downloader doesn't know whether it's a temporary or permanent thing, so it lets you decide whether you want to retry or not.
Colen is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 31st, 2011, 03:32 PM
However after the !! show up, I now get a validation error when opening older characters because H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth isn't there. H1 and H3 are, just not H2.
cryptoknight is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
nayalith

Old November 2nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
So there IS no 4e folder in my HL folders anymore, and no data folder either. I can't get HL to load 4e because of the errors generated by the DDI downloader. Maybe I missed it, but what exactly am I supposed to do about that? Preferably something that won't require another 10 hour download of DDI content...
nayalith is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
tjbateson

Old November 5th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
This happens when there are bugs in the D&D compendium - in this case, it looks like there are two pages that just won't load. The downloader doesn't know whether it's a temporary or permanent thing, so it lets you decide whether you want to retry or not.
All very well and good having the option to retry, but I am finding that I cannot add items as a result of this. My error file shows which item numbers are at fault, but I cannot find them in the data file to erase, or correct the entries.

So... So far, have had this application for 3 weeks, and bought my 3 month DDI subscription, and have still not been able to input my level 10 characters, which have leveled up to 11 since I first started.

Really hope someone can give Wizards a push to fix this, since I've not had any response to emails I've sent them about the errors in their data.
tjbateson is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
chaos_co

Old November 6th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Wizards doesn't support Hero Lab or even really care about the compendium that much.
The only builder they want everyone to use is their one which is having its own problems at the moment.
chaos_co is offline   #25 Reply With Quote