Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

gamemasterbob

Old October 16th, 2016, 04:34 PM
D&D 5e

This was probably posted but I noticed that my equipped chain shirt did NOT change my dex mod to a limit of 2 and it should have (my characaters dex mod is 3 and it stayed 3). In fact no armor changes the dex mod. This is a bug that needs to be stomped on promptly. Crush the bug.

I have the 5e SRD and the Cpak.

GMB

Last edited by gamemasterbob; October 16th, 2016 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Clarity.
gamemasterbob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dropbear8mybaby

Old October 16th, 2016, 04:43 PM
What do you mean by changing the Dex mod? Armour doesn't reduce your Dex modifier, it only limits how much of your modifier you can benefit from when wearing that armour. You still get Dex +3 to everything else. The armours are working fine from the perspective of limiting the amount of Dex mod you get to add to your armour class.
dropbear8mybaby is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old October 18th, 2016, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamemasterbob View Post
D&D 5e

This was probably posted but I noticed that my equipped chain shirt did NOT change my dex mod to a limit of 2 and it should have (my characaters dex mod is 3 and it stayed 3). In fact no armor changes the dex mod. This is a bug that needs to be stomped on promptly. Crush the bug.

I have the 5e SRD and the Cpak.

GMB
I think you are misinterpreting the rules here. I went through the sage advice stuff to make sure there wasn't some ruling stating otherwise and all I could find that was tangentially related was this...

Quote:
Does heavy armor reduce Dexterity saving throws or
ability checks other than Stealth?
If you have proficiency
with it, heavy armor doesn’t affect Dexterity saving throws
or ability checks, other than Stealth.
Medium and Heavy armor don't reduce your Dex Modifier. They limit the amount of AC bonus you can gain from that modifier. Your full Dex modifier still applies to all other relevant things like Dex saving throws, ability/skill checks, finesse/ranged attack and damage.

That said, HL appears to be working as intended in that regard. Chain Shirt caps Dex AC Bonus to +2, +3 if Medium Armor Master Feat is taken.

Last edited by Hansmo; October 18th, 2016 at 04:35 AM.
Hansmo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote